Chapter 62

My heart beats increase when I pay attention to my wings, tall and big, overshadowing Harry's body. Swallowing, I turn my focus back on Harry and hold his jaw tightly in my hand as I say, "You stay with me, you understand?"

Before he can say anything, I hear loud fireguns and the door of the cottage bursts open, revealing a panicked Zayn, Sir Aiden and Ed. Immediately, the three of them run towards us as Zayn yells, "Go, Tallulah, go!"

No one gives me the chance to understand anything, instead, Sir Aiden grabs me by the arm up to my feet and pushes me to run. Looking behind me, I see Zayn bending down next to Harry before Ed places his hand on Harry's and Zayn's, and in a second, they are gone.

You know what? Thank Lyara we are not normal.

"Get out of here, Tallulah," Sir Aiden tells me once we get out of the cottage. "Go find Conall, and we've got your back. Serena is dead."

As he gives me one last push before running off, I stand in my place to gaze at the view in front of me; the empty space is not empty anymore, it's full of people, fighting and killing, as the fire behind them at the Royals' House increases.

Through my astonishment, I feel a cold metal thing being pressed against my skull, and it's really not that hard to know that it's a gun. I swallow the lump in my throat when I hear Conall's voice saying, "What are you doing in the middle of this mess, sweetheart?"

I clench my jaw before saying, "Looking for you."

Swiftly, I turn around and grab the gun in my hand, throwing it away before I use my full power and kick Conall in the stomach, making him fall on the ground, though he immediately stands up and vanishes, making me widen my eyes and start to panic. I forgot about his powers. Fuck.

As I keep spinning around myself, I suddenly feel my hair being pulled harshly by him, making me scream in surprise from the pain. His grip on my hair tightens, and before I know it, Conall uses his foot to make me trip over and fall on the ground on my back, making the pain increase.

Conall straddles me, still invisible as he holds my jaw tightly and momentarily appears as he screams out, "You think you can win, filthy blooded?"

The hatred and the unbelievable raw in his tone makes me shiver in fear, but I push it away as hard as I can. Conall's elbow connects with my jaw, slapping my face to the side as I spit out some blood.I try to wiggle away from his body, but he is too heavy, and his grip on me tightens every second.

"You are weak." He seethes out before I feel the sharp blade across my upper arm, digging and ripping my skin apart, making my jaw drop as I scream too loudly.

The blade keeps digging into my skin, ripping it apart and making the blood gush out of it. The pain is unbearable, really, but I keep pushing it away, focusing on my anger towards this inhuman man.

"You are useless and weak." He repeats, placing the sharp blade on my throat.

You're so brave, Tallulah.

Fear is a power that is yet to be used.

"I'm not weak," I murmur through my gritted teeth. "And I'm not useless."

I knee him in the balls, making his grip loosen, and I take that chance and push him off of me. Immediately, I stand up to my knees, and just as I'm about to kick him, he vanishes again, making me curse. I keep my body ready for any upcoming hit, and I do get it, and a kick in the back is as painful as the cut on my arm.

I fall on my face on the ground, groaning as I ball my fists on the ground, collecting the dirt in them before I swiftly turn around and throw it at particularly nothing. Thankfully though, Conall's body appears again as he chokes and coughs, so I guess the dirt was a good idea.