Chapter 10

Master Bradan.

It looks like Lyara likes to fuck things with me. She gives me a good moment, only to follow it with a bad one.

The three of us are frozen as we stand in front of Master Bradan, speechless and can't think of anything to say. Somehow, I know that he is not suspecting us, because we are just two steps away from our cottages, and because he is a very good man. Very good that he can't even think about someone in a bad way, let alone his daughter and her friends. However, he is also very good that it might cause problems at some point.

I open my mouth to speak, but thankfully, he beats me to it, "What woke you up so early?"

The smile that spreads across his features as he asks us relaxes me, and I hear the long, deep breath that Esme releases, along with Wren. A nervous chuckle escapes Esme's mouth as she replies, "We slept early, father. So we woke up and decided to walk around."

"For a second, I thought you were out of the village," he chuckles as he says. "How silly of me."

We all force a laugh with him as Wren speaks, "No, why would we?"

"Yes," he agrees. "Anyway, I will leave you now to enjoy the little hours before work. You can also watch the sunrise at the river. It looks like a good day."

What a gentle, kind man he is. Always hoping and wishing for the comfort of his people, and never having a bad thought about anything. Sometimes, it strikes me how positive he is about everything, even if it was death; he always sees the positive side of it.

"Thank you, Master. We certainly will." I say with a smile as I take Wren's and Esme's hand in mine and push them towards the river's road.

As soon as we are out of sight, Wren breaks into a fit of laughter as Esme places a hand over her heart as she breathes out, "Oh my fuck."

"I thought we were done over there." I laugh.

"I felt like I was going to piss my pants!" Wren snorts and rolls her eyes.

"Poor father," Esme pouts. "He's such a sweetie."

"Oh, shut up," I push her as we reach the river.

I have always loved this place. It is the best thing in this village. The river is between the many trees, the gate of the river is basically a series of leaves falling from an old, big, and tall tree. Once you pass those leaves, you find yourself inside a different world.

I smile and breathe in the fresh, pure air. The sound of the waterfall mixing with the calm sound of the wind is exactly what a person needs for a relaxation. We reach the end of the side walk of the river and we sit down on the edge, taking off our shoes and dangling our feet inside the surprisingly warm water, despite the slightly cold weather.

"The water is so warm." Wren gushes, splashing some water.

"Do you guys want to get in?" Esme suggests.

"Nah, I don't feel like it." I shake my head.

"Oh, come on!" Esme whines and Wren nods, encouraging Esme's words.

Just as I am about to reply back, I feel something pulling down on my feet inside the water. I scream, loudly and in fear, but I am too late as I get pulled under the warm water. My eyes shut tight automatically, and I shut my nose with my fingers.

Once I regain some control over my body, I literally force myself out of the water with a loud gasp. When I get out, I take a deep breath and push my hair away from my face, and open my eyes, only to see Esme and Wren laughing their asses off outside the water.