Chapter 63

"Just to let you know, I can't punch anyone." Lauren breathes heavily as I quickly put on the bulletproof jacket and tuck two guns in the belt, with another one in my hand.

"You killed Serena, Lauren." I say breathlessly, my anxiety rising from all the fire I see from the window. The sounds are horrible, guns and weapons and bombs, and the scene is just as horrible, if not worse.

I move around the room quickly and in a rush, putting knives in my boots and the pockets of the jacket, before I get an elastic and pull my hair up in a pony tail. I throw Lauren a gun that she catches with wide eyes and shaky hands.

"She was asleep, that's different." She says shakily, before I shake my head and pull her behind me out of the room.

"It's not," I say, just before we hear another bomb and we see the fire flaming in the air. I focus back on Lauren, hold her by the shoulders before saying, "They are weaker than you think. They don't understand what they're fighting us for, you can easily knock anyone of them out, and I will have your back just as you will have mine, okay?"

She draws in a deep breath as the sounds continue before nodding her head. "Yes, okay. I have got your back."

I shoot her a quick wink before we start our way towards the Sun gate. I keep my eyes focused on the area around us, making sure that there is no one around, or that we will be attacked. However, I lose my focus when I hear a really close shot behind me, making me turn around and stare at the dead body on the ground.

Lauren stands next to the woman on the ground, holding the gun with both of her hands.

"Lauren," I call out, but she doesn't reply. "Lauren!"

Her eyes shoot up to mine and I look firmly at her before saying, "We don't have time for thinking. You shoot and run, alright?"

She lowers her gun and nods before she starts walking to me, though I see someone's shadow from behind her and immediately raise my gun up, shooting the middle-aged man as soon as he comes to my view with a gun aimed at us. With the bullet between his eyebrows, he falls lifelessly on the ground, a few feet away from the woman that Lauren shot.

I clench my jaw before we continue our way to the Sun gate. Upon reaching it, I look up at the tiny camera and raise my index finger, signalling for them to open the gate. Zayn has his boys over the gates, which is an incredible privilege.

Two seconds is what it takes the guy to ope the gate, and in a second, we are out of the village. We walk cautiously but quickly, our minds and eyes and guns alerted to any close movements. Ten minutes into it, we hear a loud roar coming from our left, making me push Lauren behind me immediately before I aim my gun at whoever is coming.

A motorcycle comes to our view and I immediately recognise the person driving it. Aaliyah. She stops a few inches away from us and smiles as she asks, "Need a ride?"

"Who told you I'm coming?" I question her.

"Missy, who else?" She laughs and I smirk. Only Missy, I swear.

I nod for Lauren to follow and we hop on the motorcycle behind Aaliyah, making her rush off in the forest. It takes us less than fifteen minutes to reach Alfredo, and once we do, I tell Aaliyah to stop here, before we hop off the motorcycle.

We hide behind Alfredo and I peak my head out, sucking in a deep breath once I see four men walking towards Louis' parlour. Shit, shit, shit, they are too close to him, and I can't let them hurt him. I can't.

But that's not it, there are more men, lurking around the area. It can't just be them.

I turn to them and say, "Aaliyah, you go to the village with Lauren and help them, they need it desperately."