002 | missed being with you

After knocking on her apartment door, waiting a few seconds and not receiving an answer or a reply to his text message from earlier, Jack used his key to let himself into his girlfriend's apartment. Wandering around as he called out her name, confusion and slight worry washing over him once he realised she wasn't home.

He stood there for a second, trying to remember if he saw her car downstairs as he attempted to call Adalyn. Yet after a couple attempts he still couldn't get through and decided to call her friend instead.

"Hey Jack," Valentina answered the call. "Is everything okay?"

"Hey, um have you heard from Adalyn lately?"

"No, I'm sorry, she hasn't spoken to me much since I told her I'm pregnant.." she replied with a small sigh. "But I did see her tweet the other day about going to therapy- but like you probably know about that already.."

"Yeah.. I haven't seen her in a couple days.. I'm just a little confused.." he explained.

"Maybe go over her place and check on her," she suggested. "You have a key don't you?"

"Yeah.. I'm at her place right now, and she's not here," he continued to slowly wandering around the living room. "And it's like basically ten-pm on a Monday so I don't know where she could be, and she's not answering her phone.."

"Oh?" Valentina said in a confused tone. "I'm gonna text you Willow's number- she's who was staying with Addie last year but she's in London now and I feel like it's early there so I don't know if she'll answer. And I'll call Brooke and see if her or Naomi have heard from her, but I feel Willow's the most likely to have heard from Adalyn."

"Okay, thank you.."

"That's okay.. could you please text me once you find out where she is so I know she's okay?"

"Yeah, I will," he agreed.

"Thank you, Jack."

And with that, the two shared a goodbye and then hung up the call. Jack sent Adalyn another text as he waited for Willow's number. And once he did, he sent her a quick text since it was in fact in the early hours of the morning over in London, explaining the situation.

Although once he hit send a small realisation hit him as he remember that Adalyn had shared her location with him almost a month ago as a sign of trust, so he opened the Find My app and seeing Adalyn's phone active about twenty minutes ago.

Heading back downstairs to his car, locking the apartment door behind himself as more concern for the girl came over him which only started to work up his own anxiety. Loading the directions into his car maps, he soon set on his way out of the girl's apartment complex and hopefully to Adalyn.

It took almost half an hour to get to the location out in the middle of the hills, overlooking the city, and once he arrived a lot of his stress went away the second he saw her car.

He slowly pulled up, not wanting to startle the girl sat outside of her car — although she didn't even look back once, she was fixed on just staring out at the view, which put a small frown on his face.

He quickly sent Valentina and Willow a quick message each to let them know he's found Adalyn and she's okay before getting out of his own car and walking over to her.