008 | is that all you gathered?

"Now Jack Avery.." Randy folded his arms at the boy sat on the lounge in front of him off to the corner of their rehearsal space, as he looked down on him. "How was Hawaii?"

"It was good," Jack softly nodded.

"When did you get home?"

"Saturday morning.. two days ago."

"How come you ended up leaving early then you had told me?" he asked.

"Because I'm not going see her till August, I hadn't seen her since April, I just wanted to spend more time with her while I could," he explained despite it being a lie. "Is there a problem what that? It's not like I missed out on much here."

"How come you didn't tell us till you were leaving?"

"It just went over my mind," Jack shrugged.

"Alright, well next time you need to let me know," he said, receiving a nod. "And while we're on the topic of you disappearing.. the Europe tour, I don't want a repeat of the North America one. I do not want to have rescheduled shows half way though the tour simply because you don't want to go on stage."

"You know that I get anxiety-"

"Jack. You've been preforming for years.. getting anxiety now, almost six years in, sounds like a excuse," he interrupted the younger.

"sure," he scoffed under his breath, leaning back on the lounge slightly as he wished for the conversation to be over or for one of the other band members to arrive.

"Jack, I know that your focus is always on that girlfriend of your's.. but please for this tour can you just focus on the band for once like you use to in the past, before her."

"For the next three weeks you better be showing up to all rehearsals, not be late or leaving early. You better not be late to airport when you, the band and Dan fly out to Europe," he continued. "The best thing you can do is simply follow and cooperate to the rules that are set for you. Do you understand."

"Yeah sure."

"Good," he slightly nodded. "If you do mess around again, there will be consequences. Now why don't you go practice while you wait for the others to arrive since you missed out on so many rehearsals over the past two weeks."

"right.." Jack stood up from the lounge as his manager walked off a little to finish making all the calls he needed to and had been doing prior to the boy arriving.

Although Jack was quick to turn his attention over to the door of the rehearsal space after someone had knocked on it and followed by opening it, revealing a shoulder length flux white-blonde haired girl with a wide, energetic smile on her face — seemingly happy to be up at barely past nine-am.

Jack let out a small sigh, continuing to walk over to the microphones that had already been set up by another team member prior to him arriving, taking his guitar over and taking a seat on the floor.

"Hey!" the girl glanced over at the boy before turning to his manager.

"Kenzie!" Randy sent the girl a smile. "You're here quite early, the whole band hasn't even arrived yet."

"I'm still on London time, my body clock hasn't quite ticked over to LA yet," she softly giggled. "Ten minutes off when you said the band will be here so I assumed some would be already.. and I seem to be correct."

"Yes, this is Jack.. he's being a little non cooperative lately," he explained, keeping his tone low as he walked the girl over to said boy. "Jack this is Kenzie, she's going on tour with you, you should already know this."

"Yeah, with the weird spelling, I know."

"It's actually spelt normally but my online, music persona is the e-y spelling because the girl from Dance Moms took the other," she explained, a smile still prominent on her face.

"didn't ask but alright," he shrugged, his attention going back to his phone.

"You two get to know each other while we wait for the guys. Jack cut the attitude," Randy said, watching the boy as he let out a subtle sigh. "I'm sure Kenzie will help keep you on time in Europe."

"Sure."

"So.." Kenzie took a sit on the floor with him, bending her knees to the side and flattening her skirt out over her thighs to avoid flashing him. "Are you like a edgy bad boy, hate all people sorta guy?"

"You wanna know what I am.." Jack looked up from his phone at her. "Not in the mood."

"Aren't you a little old to have an attitude towards someone who's just being nice?" she furrowed. "You don't know what people are going through, the least you could do is be nice in return.."

"Kenzie.." he placed his phone down on the floor beside him, his hand staying over it as she gained his full attention. "I'm just pissed off today. I got like two hours of sleep last night. I just got yelled it for seeing my daughter that I get to see like never because I'm made to be here all the time.."

"And I also got yelled at for getting anxiety, something I can't control.. so if you're going to pull the be nice you don't know what people are going through card.. maybe you should also be a little bit more sympathetic toward people who say they're not in the mood, because genuinely I'm not. I do not want to be here right now."

"Not with your daughter's Mom?" Kenzie raised a brow.

"Is that all you gathered?"

"No, I heard the rest.. I was just asking a question-"

She was interrupted by the sound of chatter entering the room, the both glancing over at three of the other four members. Jack muttering something under his breath as he stood up, glad that they were now here and he didn't have to talk to the girl also for any longer.

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

introducing the now character
everyone's gonna love 😈