056 | get the fuck out!

After spending the last week with each other at Jack's house and getting his belongings ready for the move, the couple had met up with Brooklyn and Daniel at Adalyn's apartment to also get her place packed.

And while Brooklyn and Daniel were helping out in the girl's guest room, the other couple were in Adalyn's bedroom, sat on the floor in front of her wardrobe as they listened to music and sorted went through her clothes into a few categories.

"So only those heels coming with us?" Jack double checked, receiving a hum of agreement from her. "And are you sure these can all go in the box as is?"

"I don't keep shoe boxes," she shook her head in confusion. "Just chuck them all in there, it's fine, I don't care what happens to them."

"Some of these are expensive.." he chuckled while picking up a designer pair.

"It's fine, they barely get worn anyway."

"Do you wanna make a sell pile for them?" he more so suggested.

"Baby," she interrupted him. "Just put them in the box, I'll work it all out when we're back in LA and I'm actually in the mood to do it."

"Okay.."

They fell back into silence as Jack tried his best to neatly pack the girl's heels into a storage box, despite how little she cared, while Adalyn sorted through her sneakers and sandals.

"What's this?" he asked as he pulled out a Gucci box, placing his hands on it as he waited for a response.

"I.. don't know.."

"Can I open it then?"

"sure.." she watched him as he opened it, seeing the little Rapunzel dress her friend had made. "Oh, actually it's clothes I got for baby, I do remember putting them all in there."

"I actually never got to see this," he smiled as he picked up the dress. "Baby would've been so cute in this, her cute little Nikes as well- When did you buy her Gucci?"

"when I was mad at you.. and thought you were cheating.." she slightly mumbled. "I wanted to make myself happy.. and tried to enjoy having a girl.."

"You have a spending problem," he playfully shook his head. "You know she wasn't gonna fit into this for very long, right?"

"Yeah but it's cute," she shrugged. "And I would've just given it to Ellie to dress Minnie up or something."

"It is a cute dress," he agreed, folding it up and setting it back in the box with the other couple things she got for their baby. ".. What do we want to do with these for now?"

"I don't know.." she shrugged, feeling her eyes begin to water as she continued to stare at the box.

"Come here.." he moved the box out of the way and shifted closer to her, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend as her head fell into his chest.

Meanwhile directly across the hallway, Brooklyn and Daniel were currently working on packing up different sections — not sharing many words as Adalyn's music quietly travelled through to the room they were working on.

"You know this is bullshit," Daniel finally turned towards the girl.

"What is?" she furrowed, setting the object down in the box and looking back at him.

"This," he waved his arms around the stuff in front of him. "The fact I have the pack up their shit so they can move away, and Jack can continue to ruin the good thing the band had. Like we should be getting ready to go to Asia and Australia and New Zealand and all those countries right now, but no he had to give up."

"Dani.." Brooklyn stopped and walked over to his, crouching down in front of him and attempting to grab his hands which he quickly pulled away from. "They're going through a lot, stop being selfish."

"He left tour-"

"You're saying that if I was pregnant with your child and I miscarried, you wouldn't leave for me?!" she interrupted using the same tone as him.

"B, I never said that," he quickly shook his head. "Don't put words into my mouth, I'll drop everything for you, you know that."

"You just implied that you wouldn't though," she scoffed. "Daniel, Jack cares about her and will actually drop everything for her, and she deserves nothing less than that."

"I don't understand why you're so quick to defend a girl that literally goes months without talking to you and pays you to stay around-"

"She's my friend!"

"Hey!" Jack interrupted them with clear anger in his eyes, leaning against the door frame, arms folded as they both turned their. "Leave. Get the fuck out! The doors are wide open, we can clearly hear you yelling about how 'this is bullshit'."

"No one asked for you to be here, Daniel," he continued, gaze locked on his bandmate. "We just thought it'd be nice to have a hand to get this done quicker considering Adalyn doesn't like being here, and if you're just gonna sit there and whinge about how I left tour to be with her, just fucking leave!"

"Okay, I will," Daniel shrugged as he stood up, grabbing his phone and car keys.

"good," he muttered, backing away from the doorframe into the hallway as the other passed by him and following him out towards the apartment entry. "And if you want someone to blame for me leaving.. blame Dan, blame Corbyn, blame that fucking chick we were on tour with, blame yourself, just blame anyone other than Adalyn- blame the universe for fucks sakes, I don't fucking care."

"Brooke, are you coming to not?" he ignored the other, watching her softly shook her head.

"I'm going to help them out for a bit longer.." she partly mumbled a few words together. "I'll text you."

"fine," he muttered before shutting the door behind himself.

"You don't have to stay you know?" Jack turned to the girl. "You can go with him if you want, we'll be able to get it done.."

"No, I want to help," she explained. "Plus I don't really want to be with him will he's in this mood.. I've never seen him like this before.."

"Neither have I," he somewhat awkwardly chuckled. "Thanks though. We can drop you home in a bit.. we probably won't stay for much longer.. she's not coping too well so I wanna get back to my place before it gets too bad.."

"you're the best thing that's happened to her, you know that right?" Brooklyn kept her voice low as they approached towards the end of the hall.

"mh.." he softly hummed. "I love her so much."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

all the intro lines have been said!!
you know what that means tho.. the
book's ending soon :'(