027 | no boys allowed

"fuck this shit," Adalyn muttered while hanging up the call which she thought was going to be her boyfriend but instead was the girl on tour with him.

She chucked her phone across her bedroom as she got up from her bed, pissed off that she spent all that time looking through social media for live updates on the Why Don't We Sweden concert as she waited to talk to Jack.

She was excited to tell him things she had brought and everything she had been up to within only the few hours of the day she had experience so far, but all of that was quickly washed away within seconds of Kenzie talking instead of him.

Not wanting to dwell on the sad, she made her way out to the kitchen, lifting herself up onto the island bench and blankly stared in boredom at the bottle of vodka on the counter directly across from her as she tried to think of something to do to fill in the time before her friends arrive.

And while one of her hands were placed on her baby bump, the other hand was wiping away the few tears rolling down her cheeks as she debated what really meant more to herself — her little girl that she honestly wished was a boy instead, or drinking to deal with the pain of her boyfriend cheating.

But in the end she didn't want to regret losing another baby, so she got off the kitchen island, grabbed the bottle of vodka and threw it into the sink, hearing it break into pieces and the liquor inside begun pouring out and going down the drain while she walked away, back to her bedroom.

Crouching down to her phone, she unlocked it as her heart broke a little more from not seeing even one missed call or message from Jack. Opening the group chat with her friends and sent them a quick text asking them to come over sooner rather than later. She soon fell onto the bed while breaking down in tears.

She thought she'd be stronger since this wasn't the first time she had been cheated on, but this was hurting her more than anything. She found herself wondering what she had done wrong to make Jack want to cheat now while she was at home pregnant with his child.

Meanwhile only about five minutes down the road, Valentina had just finished showering after her morning shift at the cafe downstairs from her and her boyfriend's apartment when she had read the message from Adalyn.

And since she had talked with Jonah earlier that morning while she was on break and he had a few minutes spare before his performance, and also briefly talked not too long ago, she decided to head to her friends place now since she knew the others couldn't make it till later.

Making the walk to the apartment complex just a few blocks away, Valentina was soon taking the elevator up to the girl's level and down to hallway. Knocking on the door a couple times with a few minutes in between, yet still not receiving an answer, so she attempted once more and tried the handle.

Which luckily it was unlocked so she hesitantly let herself in, calling out the girl and hearing the sound of soft cry's down the hall and wandered her way down there. Lightly knock on the bedroom door, trying not to startle her.

"Adalyn.." she broke the silence with a subtly frown on her face, watching her turn to look at her friend as she wiped away a tear. "You need to stop leaving your door unlocked all the time.."

"it's fine," she mumbled, slightly burying her head into her pillow. "I went out earlier, it wasn't unlocked all night."

"Yes, I can see you went shopping," Valentina eyed the design bag sat on the other side of the girl's bed. "Spend some money, hey?"