043 | time for a change

"How therapy was earlier or.. you're still not wanting to share?" Jack questioned as he sat a plate down in front of his girlfriend before it sitting with his dinner across from her.

"I don't really want to talk about it.."

"Okay.. I hope it went well though," he said, watching her with a small frown on his face as she slowly pushed the food around on her plate.

"mh, you already told me that earlier.."

"I mean it, okay?"

"okay.."

The two feel into slight silence while Jack begun to eat his dinner, glancing over at Adalyn ever so often as she continued to avoid eating and avoid making eye contact with him, only taking small bites when she felt his gaze on her.

"can you stop looking at me," she finally mumbled after a few more minutes, her eyes still fixed on her plate.

"I'm sorry.." he copied her tone. "I just want you to be okay.."

"I'm fine."

"Will you eat some of your food?" he politely asked, a small pout on his face. "I promise I didn't poison it," he softly chuckled to lighten the mood.

"I'm not really hungry.."

"You haven't eaten today-"

"Stop!" she raised her voice at him as she finally made eye contact, letting out a huff. "Blah blah blah- shut up! You're being annoying."

"I'm sorry.." he repeated. "I don't mean to be annoying.. I just care about you, that's all.."

"Well stop!" she demanded, scooting her chair back and then standing up while keeping her eyes on him. "I'm going to break up with you if you don't."

"Gorgeous.." he placed his utensils down on the plate and also stood up, holding his arms out slightly for her. "A hug and a couple deep breaths is all I'm asking for.."

"I hate you," Adalyn cried out as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, burying her head into his chest as his shirt absorbed her tears.

"deep breath in.." he said in a slight whisper tone, taking one himself while slowly rubbing her back. "and out... one more, in.. and out," he placed a kiss on the top of her head. "now will you tell me what's wrong? I don't like seeing you like this.."

"I hate you, Jack. I fucking hate you!" she instantly begun to work herself up again, weaving her arms out from between their bodies and harshly pushing him away from herself. "I was finally getting around to being okay with not having a baby and you and your stupid fuckin' dick had to come around and ruin it for me!"

"All you do is cause me so much fucking pain! All of this is your fault," she continued, shoving him once again. "And I fucking hate you for it. I wish I never met you!"

"I'm sorry," he gently grabbed her hands, stepping closer to her and bringing her into a hug once again, then placing a kiss on the top of her head. "I wish you never had to go through all this. But I will do anything to make you feel better, please remember that."

"Can you just let me have my own space," she wiped a few tears away from under her eyes as she pulled out of the hug.

"of course.. do you want me to stay here or go to my place?" he asked, unsure on what to say.