031 | please look after her

"I'm going to take my break now," Valentina smiled at her coworker, placing her hand on the girl's shoulder as she walked passed her.

"Your friend's still over there," Phoebe mentioned after nodding in response to her comment.

"I know.." she let out a sigh of while glancing over at the girl sat in the corner of the cafe, headphones in and doodling on the back of her receipt from the food she had brought a little earlier. "I'm go make a quick call out the back, then I'll go sit with her."

"Okay," she agreed.

Valentina made her way through the small kitchen to the backroom, taking her apron off and putting it into her locker and grabbed her phone. She debated for a second on who to call but in the end decided on Jack since she thought he wouldn't be with the rest of the band.

"Hey, is everything okay?" he quickly answered.

"Hey, everything's okay at the moment.. but um.. have you spoken to Adalyn since yesterday?"

"uh no I haven't yet, I usually wait till after the show cause I know she'd be awake, why?"

"I jus- She really needs you here, Jack," Valentina replied. "She's not doing okay without you.."

"I know.." he softly hummed. "She asks me all the time to come home.. and like I want to, but it's hard cause I don't want to let everyone down."

"Yeah, I get that.." she felling into silence for a second. "But could you please check in on her more, cause I don't want anything bad to happen to her and I'm scared of why she doesn't want to be alone."

"Did she tell that she doesn't want to be alone?"

"Yeah.. I invited her over for dinner cause the other day after the whole drama between you and her and that girl there was a smashed bottle of vodka in her sink. And I just wanted to make sure she was okay.. then she ended up staying at mine last night cause she said she didn't want to be alone."

"She won't hurt herself will she?" Jack asked with a small crack in his voice.

"I don't know," she slightly sniffled. "I'm sure you've seen her pick at her lips before whenever she gets like awkward or uncomfortable."

"yeah.."

"She was doing that last night until her lips started bleeding.. and she said it wasn't the first time," she explained. "And like I don't want to concern you but like it's almost ninety here and she's refusing to take off her hoodie.. so I feel like she might've done something already cause she has never acted like this before."

"Are you with her now?"

"Yeah- well I mean, I'm at work and I'm out the back at the moment but she is here in the cafe, she came down with me this morning cause she wanted to be around people."

"mh.." Jack let out a sigh. "Can- can you please look after her until I can be with her?"

"I will, I promise."

"I'm going to see if I get this tour rescheduled or something or her be able to come sooner, I don't know, I'm going to try everything," he babbled. "I want to be with her."