020 | it's been too long

"I can't believe you got me to agreed to come to this shit," Adalyn muttered as her and her boyfriend entered into his band's rehearsal space hand in hand. "It's too early to be up."

"Gorgeous, it's midday and you've been up before now most days this week," Jack slightly sid eyed her in a playful way. "Plus you're the one who wanted to meet the girl."

"Well where is she?" she glanced around the room full of mainly men as he done the same, scanning the room for the band's Europe support act.

"Hey Randy.."  he walked her over to his manager.

"yea- oh you brought the girlfriend," Randy muttered under his breath as he made eye contact with the couple. "Yes, Jack?"

"uh.. where's, um.. what's her face?" he asked, receiving a confused expression from his manager. "The girl going to tour with us..?"

"Kenzie?"

"Yeah, her.."

"She's gone back to London."

"I thought she wasn't leaving here till we all went to uh Finland on Monday?"

"No, she was always leaving today.." Randy replied. "Wanted to spend the weekend with friends before tour starts or something."

"oh okay.." he sighed.

"Go start preparing with the rest of the boys, we're getting right into things once I'm off this call," he broke the slightly awkward silence as he subtly waved his phone.

"Yeah okay," Jacks agreed, wrapping one of his arms around his girlfriend's lower back and leading her over to the rest of the band.

"What was that about?" Jonah asked the pair.

"Adalyn was gonna meet Kenzie but she's not here," he responded, pulling the girl in front of himself and how having both his arms wrapped around her. "But that's okay.. you trust me, don't you, Adalyn?"

"sure," Adalyn grinned while looking back at her boyfriend. "I trust you, not so much her.. Anyway, I know your baby's gender," she changed the subject as she teased the elder. "And you don't."

"shh," Jonah hushed her. "don't mention that in here."

"Why.."

"I don't want our management finding out yet," he shook his head. "There's not much they can do now but I don't want them to stress out Val."

"Fuck you," she quickly turned around and flipped of the man on the phone, luckily facing away from the group. "Wait what's his name-"

"No, no, don't start anything," Jack moved one of his hands up to her face, loosely covering her mouth for a second so she wouldn't talk anymore. "remember we don't want him to say anything about our baby either.."

"If that dickhead says anything about either of our babies.." she babbled, pointing between herself and Jack and then Jonah. "Off with his head, and we'll get away with it."

"uh I don't think that's how the law works.." Corbyn chimed in.

"It is when you're related to cops and lawyers," she shrugged.