021 | you are having a..

After enjoying some snacky type foods as they waited for everyone to arrive, the group of about twenty people were now stood around Brooklyn and Naomi's dining room table while Valentina and Jonah stood in front of the cake which contained the gender of their baby.

"Addie, did you do one of the color's I told you to do?" Valentina asked, looking over at Adalyn who was stood on the other side with Jack's arms wrapped around her and his head rested on her shoulder.

"mhm," she nodded.

"thank you," she softly replied before glancing over at the rest of the group who a few were getting more impatient as the seconds passed by. "Okay so before you all get confused.. we don't care about 'gender colors' or whatever so for a girl we decided on purple and then teal for a boy."

"It's like pastel," Adalyn added.

"Yeah that's okay."

"Hurryyy upp," Naomi jokingly called out.

"Calm down," Valentina shook her head as she let out a laugh.

"Are you ready?" Jonah smiled at his girlfriend, picking up the knife.

"I'm kinda nervous," she replied with a smile across her face, one of her hands on her baby belly. "I don't even care, I'm gonna love baby no matter what, it's just- I don't know.."

"It's a lot," Jonah chuckled.

Soon Valentina had grabbed ahold of the knife with Jonah, as all their friends just lived in the moment without their phones out — other than Valentina's, which she had requested Adalyn to record the moment for her to keep the memory.

The couple both brought the knife up to the top of the cake, trying their best to centre it before cutting into the cake, avoiding to look at the residue and any crumbs on the knife as they move it over slightly to cut out a slice.

"you ready..?" Valentina softly whispered to her boyfriend while taking the knife from him, hearing him agree as she slipped the knife under the bottom of the cake, gently placing her fingers on the top.

"three.. two.. one.." Jonah copied her tone while he had both his arms wrapped around her as he stood on her side, closely watching as she pulled out the slice.

As an uncontrollable smile appear both the couple's faces and the group let out excited cheers and comments, Valentina placing the cake slice down on a plate and turned to Jonah, wrapping her arms around him as they shared many kisses.

"she's going to be our little princess," he whispered between their lips.

"I'm so excited," she placed a few final kisses on his lips before wiping her happy tears away as she turned back to face their friends and family, letting out a smile excited chuckle. "Now does anyone want cake?"

"It's actually good," Jack added while pointing at the cake as he looked at everyone, letting out a laugh as his girlfriend lightly elbowed him.

"Don't say actually, I spent a lot of time making that last night," Adalyn slightly mumbled.

"What flavor is it?" Zach asked, moving over closer to the table. "It looks quite yummy."