014 | happy fourth of july

As the Fourth of July came around, the couple was spending the public holiday out at a river located about an hour out from the city of Los Angeles, with some of Jack's friends — both ones that came to Malibu with them and other's that Adalyn was yet to meet.

And while Jack was out in the water enjoying the sun and spending time with his friend on jet skis, Adalyn was accompanied by the rest of his friends as she sat on sand, her legs pulled up to her chest and her head rest on her knees while she closely watched her boyfriend with a small frown.

Just like on the boy's birthday, being surrounded by people she didn't really know and not having an interest for or being able to do everything they were doing was making her feel isolated. And all the symptoms that came along with the early stages of pregnancy was also heavily draining her so she of course wasn't feel her happiest.

Soon, Adalyn sat up properly and glanced at the people around herself before standing, taking a second to slow down the brief dizziness she got from getting up too quick. Then grabbing her towel and tote bag with her few belongs, and moving over to a spot in the shade a bit further away from everyone else.

Despite wanting to go home so badly, she decided just to take a nap to pass time since she knew her boyfriend was happy and having fun, so she let him enjoy the time he was spending with friends he hadn't seen in awhile instead of ruining it for him.

Laying down on the towel on her side, facing out towards the water so she could still keep an eye on him while awake, she flattened down the hem of her dress to make sure it was covering herself before moving her arm to underneath her head with her other, slowly starting to drift off almost instantly.

Jack had soon came back to shore to let someone else have the jet ski and to check up on his girlfriend, grabbing a can of drink from the cooler as he talked with some of the ones sitting around there.

"Has she been very talkative with you girls?" he asked, pointing over at Adalyn as he crouched down to here them better over the music that was playing.

"No, not really," Molly shook her head. "She just sat here watching you and then moved over there like, I don't know, five minutes ago maybe."

"Is she okay?" Angie asked, received a nod.

"She doesn't go to sleep till like five-am so being out of bed before midday is not the normal for her," Jack slightly chuckled.

"Is she actually asleep over there?" Molly glanced over at the girl.

"It looks like it," he followed with a small inaudible sigh as he stood back up. "I'm gonna go check on her."

Walking over to his girlfriend, he took a seat in front of her and placed his can of drink to his side — the same side as her legs, not wanting the alcoholic smell to make her feel sickly. Softly stroking her hair while whispering her name, which he still had soon received a groan from her as she subtly shook her head from him doing so.

"do you want to go home gorgeous?"

"no, go have fun," she muttered.

"do you want to sleep in the car instead..? I'll put it on dog mode, keep you cool," he more so suggested, letting out a small chuckle at the idea. "you can be like my little pet that I've left in the car."