060 | our happier chapter

"You okay in there?" Jack called out as he gently knocked on the door of his connecting bathroom.

"Yeah, yeah, one sec," Adalyn softly yelled back as she slightly panicked, grabbing her things off the bathroom counter and shoving them all into her toiletries bag. Zipping it up as she walked over and flushed the toilet before washing her hands and headed back into the bedroom. "We can go now if you wanna."

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, lightly folding his arms as he watched her pack her bag back into her suitcase, ready for the following morning.

"mhm," she nodded.

"Okay, you may drive madam," he handed her his keys as she stood up, then placing a kiss on her lips. "Let's get going so we can get some sleep before the flight."

"Or ee can just sleep on the plane," she returned a kiss, a small smile on her face. "That's why I brought us first class."

"Of course you did," he chuckled while playfully shaking his head, his eyes following her as she grabbed her phone and water bottle.

Jack wrapped him arm around her lower back as they made their way downstairs, keeping quiet and using a flashlight on their phone since it was already almost midnight and all the lights in the house were off.

Locking the door behind them, they got into the boy's car and Adalyn chose the music, keeping the volume at a low level, before she backed out of the driveway. The chatter staying minimal as they drove from his house to the spot in the hills which over looked the city.

Arriving at the spot that she had frequented during the nights spent alone in June, they got out of the car, leaving their phones inside, and Jack grabbed the small picnic blanket they brought and then laying it flat on the dirt.

Sitting down with her knees bent, Adalyn wrapped her arms around her legs as he sat closely beside her cross legged, wrapping his arm around her back and lightly rubbing his thumb on the skin underneath her hoodie as Adalyn's head fell onto his shoulder.

"are you okay?" he broke the silence, looking at her as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"yeah.." she softly nodded, wiping under her eyes while they stayed fixed on the view. "I love this city so much.. I'm gonna miss it.."

"The city's not going anywhere while we're gone, it'll be here when we get back to make all new memories," he reminded her.

"I know.."

"Ads, I know we're renting the place for at least six months but whenever you wanna come back, we will, you make the call."

"I keep saying to people that I think Hawaii will be good for us.." she sniffled. "I really think it will be.. and I hope will be.."

"It will be," he agreed, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "Just me and you, occasionally Lavy, and we'll just relax, we'll have nothing to stress about, we don't have to worry about long distance anymore.."

"mh.."

"And you can make your little porn videos," he chuckled as he continued. "Or whatever it is that you wanted to do. And I'll keep working on my music, get some stuff ready to release, and we'll just enjoy our time together."