030 | are you doing okay?

iMESSAGE

val
[5:32pm]

hey addie can i come over? i'm
starting to get lonely with the
boyfriend being away :/

can i go over yours instead?

there's no food here for dinner
and i cbf going to the store

yeah of course come over

we can make dinner together

thank you  

give me like 30 i'm gonna
have a quick shower then i'll
drive over

thats all good

i'll see you soon

love you

love you too
seen

———————

"Hey," Valentina pulled her friend into a hug as she welcomed her into the apartment. "Took you a minute to get here."

"Yeah, I knoww, the shower was really comfortingg," Adalyn dragged her words out with a laugh. "I didn't want to get out."

"I've been there many times before," she softly laughed. "What would you like for dinner? We can start making it now if you want since it's like quarter to seven."

"I don't care what we have," she said, slightly skipping as she made her way over to the kitchen and looking in the fridge. "Do you have real meat or anything? Or just veggie bullshit?"

"It taste good," she defended. "No more complaining till you try it, then if you don't like you can call it bullshit."

"I'll pass."

"You never step out of your little bubble of foods you like," Valentina shook her head. "Never open to trying new foods."

"My doctor said I need more iron, so I'm going to stick to real meat instead of whatever you do to have a good level of iron."

"My iron levels are perfect, thank you."

"Anyway.." Adalyn shut the fridge door before turning around to face the other. "What were you thinking about eating."

"I have cherry tomatoes to use up before they go mouldy so I was thinking a like cooked tomato and feta with spinach, tufo and pasta- but we can do half without tufo for you."

"Okay, I'll be happy with that."

"Let's make it then," she sent her a smile as she stood up from leaving against the countertop and grabbing a pan out of the cupboard.

"I am starving so the sooner, the better."

"Do you eat during the day?"

"Yes I do lately," Adalyn nodded, watching the girl as she grabbed everything that needed for their dinner. "I've actually been having breakfast some days lately, which I don't usually do."

"That's good.. And you talked to Jack, didn't you?"

"Yeah, we're good," she brought her hand up to her lips, starting to pick at them. "We talked things through.. he said he might leave tour and come home.."

"Jonah did mention something the other day about him only being with them for the show and like travel, and like not spending much time with them.." she babbled. "Is he doing okay?"

"mh.. he's just doing what's best for him.."

"And are you doing okay?" she glanced over her shoulder at her friend as she watched her pull her hand away from her face, her eyes staying focused on her finger for a second. "Why'd you do that?"

"I didn't mean to.." Adalyn moved over to the sink to wash the blood off on her hand, and then leaning down, splashing a little bit on her lips and applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she softly nodded. "It's not the first time I've done it."

"Okay.." Valentina hesitantly nodded. "Are you doing okay though? Like everything else wise.. Happier than you were on Friday?"

"mh," she shrugged. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay.. please make sure you talk to your therapist about everything. From what I saw, you were doing really well before Friday," she sent her a small comforting smile.

"sure.."

The two fell into silence as the elder continued to check on their dinner every so often to avoid it being overcooked, while Adalyn's attention was turned to her phone as she scrolled through social media with an obvious annoyed expression on her face from most the posts.

"Can I stay the night?" she blurted out, turning her phone off and placing it down on the counter top as she looked at her friend.

"Yes of course," Valentina agreed. "I do have work in the morning though.."

"oh.. What time?"

"I'm pretty sure I don't start till eight and it's literally downstairs so I'll be around if you wanted to sleep in."

"Okay.. I jus- I don't want to be alone.." the younger mumbled.

"My door is alway open, you know that?"

"mh.."

"I know you don't like hugs but come here," she wrapped both her arms around the girl as she had rested her head against Valentina's collarbone. "I love you and I'll always be here for you.. and I'm positive Jack feels the same."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

an update wow about time i
finished this chapter