050 | paint pretty pictures

A couple days had passed by, and Adalyn was slowly weaving herself back into spending time with the little girls. And although it took a lot of
force on her half to seem happy, she could tell the girls genuinely were. While for Jack, he was still taking care of the girls majority of the time, making sure to give his girlfriend space from them whenever she asked.

After all eating lunch, the two girls had gone back to playing with their toys in the living room as Jack begun rinsing the dishes, and for Adalyn, she stood behind him with her arms wrapped around his stomach and her head rested again his back as she quietly listened to music through her headphones.

"baby?"

"mh?" Jack slightly glanced over his shoulder as best he could. ".. Adalyn?"

"um.. I wanna paint.. so could you help move everything again so the girls can as well?" she partly mumbled her words.

"mhm, of course I can," he quickly agreed. "they seemed to really enjoy it the other day."

"thank you.."

And so once he finished putting the dishes in the dishwasher, Jack grabbed hold of his girlfriend's hands and turned around to face her before wrapping back around himself and weaving his arms around her, lightly resting his head on top of her's.

"I love you," he whispered, waiting a few seconds before leaning down and placing a quick kiss on her cheek.

"I love you," she replied while lifting her head up and kissing him a couple times, then sharing a soft smile with him.

"Let's go move this stuff for you and the girls, hey?" he exchanged one final kiss with her and then grabbed her hand, leading them over to little ones in the living room. "Lavy, Ellie, do you wanna help me? Quick put all your toys up on the lounge."

"Why, Dada?" his daughter furrowed as she watched him begin to do it himself with the ones they weren't playing with.

"Becccauseee," he dragged out his words as he crouched down in front of the girls. "Addie wants to paint, so we need to make room for her, and maybe you girls if you want to, to paint pretty pictures."

"You can keep playing if you want.. but we need to move this rug," he added, while getting back up. "Then you can just play on the floor or carefully up on the lounge."

And as the three girls continued to watch him, Jack slightly lifted up the pieces of the sectional holding the rug down and moving it out from under the lounge with his foot then gentle placing it back down, repeating on the other sections while the girls went back to playing together — no longer a care in the world for what the boy was doing.

"I'm gonna go get the paint stuff," Adalyn mumbled to him, receiving a nod before she wandered off to their room to grab the bag of supplies they had hid from the little ones.

"Girlies, can we get up please?" Jack stood beside them, raising a brow and looking down as they disagreed with him. "Up, up, up, up," he repeated spoke as he picked up his daughter and sitting down on the lounge.

"Hey!"

"Hey!" he copied her, following with a small laugh. "Ellie's turn," he held his arms out for her as she stood up, softly shaking her head. "You don't wanna be picked up?"

"No," she shook her head again.

"That's okay, do you wanna help me roll up the rug or sit on the lounge with Lavy?"

"I'll sit with Lav," Eliana replied, grabbing the couple toys still left off the floor.

"Okay cutie," he smiled while watching her as she went and joined his daughter, then looking over his shoulder once hearing Adalyn setting the bag down on the floor, seeing her walk towards him.

She crouched down behind him, wrapping her arms around him and slightly putting her weight onto him as she lent against his back, causing him to put his hands on the ground for extra support, while she placed a few kiss on the back of his neck.

"What are yous doinggg?" Lavender furrowed at the couple.

"Come save me!" Adalyn softly giggled. "He won't let me go."

"Dada, leave Addie alone!" she quickly jumped off the lounge pulling at his shirt as Eliana followed behind her.

"She's the one on me?!" Jack gasped, then wrapping one of his arms around his girlfriend and carefully rolling over onto the opposite side, away from where the little ones were standing. "ugh man down," he playfully groaned, laying with his arms out.

Adalyn laid there beside him, watching the girls climb on top of him and start laughing as he just let them play around. Jack looked over at her, receiving one of the most genuine smiles and small laughs from her that he had seen since reuniting with her after the short overseas trip.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you more.."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i'm sorry for the like 3 week break and
the shorter chapter return my minds
blanking sm lately and i'm kinda glad
cause now i have a plan that makes the
final 10 chapters flow together nicely :))