046 | some extra cuddles

"Addie.." Eliana spoke in a slight whisper, trying to wake the elder while gently shaking her arm and softly cries escaping her mouth. "Aunty... Aunty..."

Adalyn soon rubbed her eyes in confusion as she woke up to the girl, sitting up slightly and tapping her phone screen which was on the bedside table to dimly light the room. "what's wrong princess?" she softly furrowed.

"Can I stay with you..?" she tilted her head. "I don't like my room."

"of course," she shifted her position slightly and lifted up the comforter as the little one climbed in with her stuff toy, snuggling right into her aunt's arms. "you're safe here, I promise."

"o- okay," she sniffled.

"i love you," she placed a kiss on her head and closing her eyes as she held on tight to her niece, gently rubbing her hand up and down the girl's back.

Waking up the following morning, Jack furrowed as he sat up looking over to where sound was coming from, seeing Eliana deeply concentrated on the game she was playing on her Aunt's phone. His eyes soon trailing down to his girlfriend who was seemingly asleep as he laid his head back down, wrapping his arms around Adalyn.

"Ellie.." he softly spoke, causing her to look over at him. "what are you up to?"

"Playing barbie dress up," she quickly showed him the phone screen before going back to the game.

"do you wanna go check if Lavy's awake?"

"ummmm... Okay!" she almost threw the phone down on the bed, then climbed off and running off to one of the other bedrooms.

"are you awake, gorgeous?" Jack whispered, placing a few small kiss on her head. Watching her shake her head which made him softly chuckle. "okay then," he rested his head against her's.

Not much more time had passed when the little girl came running back into the room with the other slowly following behind. Eliana quickly climbed back up to beside her Aunt while Lavender wandered her way around to her father's side of the bed.

"Dada.."

"Good morning baby," Jack unwrapped his arms from Adalyn, turning around and pulling the girl up onto the bed, letting her lay down on him and placing a kiss on her head.

"good morning."

"What do you girls want to do today?" he glanced between the two.

"do you girls want to paint?" Adalyn slightly muttered as she continued to lay there with her eyes shut.

"Yes!" Eliana agreed, wrapping her arm over her aunt as she laid partly on her.

"Five more minutes of cuddles.. then we'll get up and have breakfast, then we can go out for a drive and get some fun craft activities," Jack explained.

"ten."

"okay, ten minutes so Addie can get some extra cuddles in," he chuckled.

"We going to paint?" Lavender lifted her head up and looked at her father.

"Yes, we'll paint, later though," Jack agreed.

Spending the few minutes soaking into the time together, the young girls babbling on to mainly each other and Jack while Adalyn tried to get a little more sleep in before the four finally got up for the day and headed out to the kitchen living area.

And after putting a cartoon on for the girls and getting them settled, Adalyn and Jack begun making breakfast for all of them — looking over at them every so often.

"Cute hearts," Jack wrapped his arms around his girlfriend from behind, placing a few kisses across her shoulder, watching her cut the bread into fun shapes.

"Get back to cooking," she joked.

"Food's cooking good lookin', don't worry," he playfully swayed her.

"Are you sure?" Adalyn looked over her shoulder, raising her brow at the boy as she visibly sniffed. "Smells like it's burning."

"mh.. I don't think so," he turned back around to the stove top, mixing up the scrambled eggs some more.

"Who's here?" Lavender flicked her head over towards the pair after the door bell had rung, the two looking over towards the front door just as confused.

"I don't know, baby," Jack replied.

"I'll go get it," Adalyn said, setting the knife down and picking up the chopping board, turning around and placing it on the counter space beside Jack. "Can you toast these up?"

"mhm, sure can," he quickly placed a kiss on her lips. "Call out if you need me."

"yea.."

Adalyn grabbed her phone and shoved it into the pocket of her hoodie as she walked over to the front door, furrowing as she opened it to a delivery man holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Adalyn Barlow?"

"yeah.." she hesitantly nodded while accept them from him. "Thank you?"

Signing for the delivery before closing the door and heading back into the house, pulling out the card as she set the bouquet down on the kitchen counter. Quietly scoffing as she threw the card down, moving over closer to her boyfriend.

"Who are they from?" he glanced over at her, keeping an eye on the food he was cooking so he didn't burn anyway.

"did you tell her?" Adalyn muttered, her gaze staying fixed on what he was up to.

"Gabbie?" he received a nod. "yeah I did.. sorry I didn't mention it yesterday.."

"why's she know where we're staying?"

"I have to tell her where Lavy's staying," he laid his arm over her shoulder's, pulling her in closer to himself. "It's okay. She's just being nice, I didn't even know she was going to do that."

"why'd you tell her?" Adalyn asked in a slightly more disgusted tone.

"I didn't want her to make us not being here on Sunday a big deal, okay?" he explained. "I knew the second that got to the internet everyone would be hating us more than what they already are."

"I don't know what reason you were thinking but I promise I only told her because I wanted her to forgive us for forgetting," Jack continued. "She does have morals.. if baby gets shared to the internet it'll be our doing, not anyone else's."

"Girls breakfast is ready," Adalyn called out, not acknowledging a word her boyfriend has just said while taking his arm off of, and then grabbing plates from the drawer.

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i'm back! hopefully updates
will be a little more consistent now
till the end :))