049 | whatever it takes

( TW!! talk surrounding rape and suicidal
thoughts. please read with caution if the
topics effect you in any way. <3 )

The same night following spending the whole day doing everything with the girls himself while Adalyn stayed in their bedroom, Jack finally got to the two to sleep after having to settle an overtired Eliana more than his own daughter.

Still yet to eat dinner, he shut the door to the girl's bedroom and headed to his own. Seeing Adalyn also asleep, he quietly walked over to the side in which she was sleeping and carefully pulled her phone from out of her hand. He stared at her for a few seconds while holding it, then taking a deep breath and hesitantly unlocking her phone.

He didn't know what he was looking for, but seeing that she was watching '13 Reasons Why' earlier in the day while knowing she wasn't her happiest, he wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else alarming.

Opening to a note she had clearly started writing before falling asleep, reading the short apology directed towards him. He sniffled slightly as he turned her phone off, leaving it on the same screen and setting it down on the bedside table.

"Adalyn.." he softly spoke while crouching down, lightly running his hand over her hair and removing one of her headphones, following with a couple small kisses on her forehead. "Gorgeous.."

She let out a small groan as she rolled over a little, only to quickly sit up seconds later, trying to find her phone in the bed while hers slightly watered up.

"Hey, gorgeous.. it's okay," he gently pushed back the front few strands for her hair as he gained her attention.

"where's my phone?" she muttered.

"It's here," he grabbed it off the bedside table, handing it to her and watching her tightly grip onto it. "The girls are in bed, fast asleep.. did you want to come have dinner with me? We can talk about everything as well if you'd like?"

She stared at him for a moment while debating her response before softly saying; "... okay"

"kisses?" he slightly tilted his head, her soon placing one singular kiss on his lips as he grabbed hold of her hand. "I love you.."

Not receiving a reply, the two got up and left the bedroom, staying quite silent as they walked out to the kitchen. Adalyn lifted herself up onto the counter top and closely watched Jack as he pulling out the ingredients he put aside earlier to make them dinner now.

"Are you doing okay?" Jack asked, turning around to his girlfriend after putting the chicken in the oven and pasta in the pot to both begin cooking. Seeing her subtly shake her head and eyes begin to water as he looked up from washing and drying his hands. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"why didn't you want to have sex with me?" she sniffled as she ignored his question. "do you not like the way that I look?"

"No," he quickly disagreed. "Adalyn, I think you're stunning, you're prefect-"

"Shut up! Why didn't you want to have sex with me?" she repeated in frustration, raising her voice more than she had all day.

"Can you please just be a little quieter, we don't want the girls waking up," he attempted to grab ahold of her hand although she pulled it away instantly and folded her arms.

"just tell me," she cried out. "hurt my fucking feelings, I don't care, just tell me why."

"Adalyn.." he took a deep breath as he tried to figure out how to word his response. "It had nothing to do with the way that you look, I.. I just- the way you continued to touch me and basically forced me into having sex, it made me feel uncomfortable and it reminded me of the Kenzie situation."

".. I love you, I love you so fucking much. And I probably shouldn't be saying this but like I don't really care about if what you done last night is considered rape or abuse or whatever someone might call it because I get that your sad and angry and just wanted to let your feelings out."

"But- I don't know how your exes- I mean I've heard a lot about how much sex you use to have with them, so I doubt this was even a problem but there are times I don't want to have sex," he continued. "I respect when you don't want to do anything so you need to do the same for me."

"I'm sorry.." Adalyn's eyes dropped down to her phone in her hands as she fiddled with it. "I just hate the way I look and having sex makes me feel good and confident.."

"I don't know how many times I need to tell you for you to agree with me, but you're gorgeous and no matter what I'll always think you're the prettiest."

"I'm sorry for being lazy today.."

"You don't need to apologise, I understand."

"being around the girls all day is overwhelming and I just wanna be pregnant.."

"mh, I know you do. And it's okay that you wanted the day to yourself," he placed his hand on her thigh, softly stroking his thumb against her skin. "We've just gotta get through this week, and then when we get back to LA we can talk about everything, my focus will be all on you and we can do whatever it takes for our baby."

"thank you.."

"I love you," he kissed her.

"I love you too.." she watched as he turned back around to check on the chicken in the oven and stir the pasta around.

"How's thirteen reasons going?"

"uh.. it's alright.." she mumbled. "they have all these annoying fuckin' ads on every episode for their resources or whatever."

"That's good though, you may think they're annoying but someone else might realise while watching the show they need someone to reach out to."

"mh.."

"Would you like to talk about any of it..?" he softly spoke as he looked over his shoulder at her, then taking the couple steps back to her and holding her hand. "Is there a reason why you're deciding to watch it?"

She shrugged.

"Is there just nothing else to watch?"

"mh.."

"You said before that you didn't think you're doing okay.. you're not getting any ideas, are you?"

She shrugged once again.

"If you're comfortable to, do you wanna tell me how you're feeling?" he politely asked. "Better or worst than last week?"

"I honestly feel worst but I've been trying to hide it," she confessed.

"You don't need to hide it from me.." he said grabbing her other hand and gently pulling her off the counter top. "I don't care if I'm asleep or if I seem busy, you tell me if you need me," he wrapped his arms around her as her head fell onto his chest. "I don't like seeing you upset, I want you to be your happiest."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i was supposed to publish this
last night and forgot lol