028 | i'm leaving then

As the following morning in Sweden came around, the group were early to waking up and beginning travel to Norway's capital for a show that same night. And after dropping off most their belongings at their hotel and grabbing the few things they needed, all but Jack made their way to the venue to begin sound check.

The other four boys and their tour manager knew that Jack staying back until show time was the best decision for the band's image, and so they allowed him, hoping it meant he wouldn't go on stage drunk. But what they didn't know was the real reason why he didn't want to be there and what had happened in his green room after the last show.

So as the time passed by, he kept an eye on the time in Los Angeles, waiting for it to be an appropriate time for him to call his manager, he sat on the bed and worked on a song, hoping for it to distract his mind while he waited for it to be an appropriate hour for him to call his full time manager.

And before he knew it, three hours had passed by and it was now a little after eight-am back home, so he finished up the project he was working on, making sure to save and not lose all his hard word, and grabbing his phone to call Randy.

"Good Morning Jack," he answered the call, receiving a small greeting back from the boy. "Did you and everyone make it to Oslo all okay?"

"Yeah we're here.."

"Good to hear. Now I am still angry about your little act last night, but I'm dropping it for the last time, today's a new day, tonight's a new show, and I hope you're sober out on stage from now on, or at least look it."

"Yeah yeah whatever," Jack brushed it off. "Can you kick Kenzie off the tour?"

"Why would I do that when it's already begun?"

"Because it's either she leaves or I leave," he shrugged despite the elder not being able to see him. "And I'm sure you'd much rather me to be the one to stay."

"Don't be insane, Jack."

"I'm being serious. I don't want to be around her any longer."

"Why do you want her off the tour?" Randy asked.

"I just don't want to be around her."

"Then don't be around her," he slightly raised his voice. "Getting her off a tour that's already begun isn't even going to be a thought unless you give me a serious answer as to why she deserves not to be there."

"Whatever. Guess I'm leaving then."

"Jack, grow up. The only reason I can think of that could be why you don't want her on tour is simply because she's a girl your age and you're getting distracted from your relationship, which is a you problem. If you loved your girlfriend as much as you say you do or whatever, Kenzie wouldn't even be a thought."

"And also that's not a good enough reason for me to go through the process of finding a new artist and removing her from the tour in such a short amount of time," he continued. "So unless you tell me the real reason, this conversation is being dropped."

"I don't want to talk about the real reason," he said with a small crack in his voice. "But I'm being serious when I say I can't be around her and I don't want her on the tour."

"Are you being held at gun point by your girlfriend for hanging out with another girl or something? I don't understand why you don't like Kenzie."

"Randy, it has nothing to do with my girlfriend," Jack replied. "..I'm at my hotel right now, and all it takes is five seconds to pack my bags and then take an Uber to the airport instead of the venue.. or you can do something about getting Kenzie's off the tour and I'll go to the venue instead. They're your options."

"I'll see what I can go.. Now go to the venue, you should already be there."

"Yeah I will in a minute. Bye."

"Bye Jack."

And with that the call was hung up. Jack then switched apps and found his girlfriends contact to send her a text asking to talk about what happened the previous night, before setting his phone back down on the bed and going back to the song for a little longer before he actually needed to leave.

———————

iMESSAGE

adalyn🤍
[5:37pm]

hey gorgeous can we please talk?

[6:02pm]

i don't want to talk to you

can i please explain myself

i promise it's not how it seems

NOT HOW IT SEEMS????

she answered my call to you and
said you were busy when you were
clearly there and you didn't even
have the decency to call me back
afterwards. this is the first time
you've even attempted talking to
me almost 24 hours later.

i know how to put two and two
together. you cheated. i'm not
fuckin stupid

adalyn please i can explain

then explained

stopping begging ffs

can i call you then

no

i want to talk to you though. i
don't want to do it over text

well it's 9am im going back
to sleep

i'll call you later

text me when your shows over
and your not hooking up with
that bitch again

okay

i love you
seen

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

bit of a shorter chapter🤷🏻‍♀️