037 | see how things go

"I need to take this," Jonah told his bandmates as he headed out of the hotel room in which they all were to the hallway and answering the call from his girlfriend, almost instantly hearing her sniffle slightly. "Love, is everything okay?"

"I'm at the ER with Adalyn.. she uh.. I.. is Jack with you?" Valentina spoke with an obvious shakiness in her voice. "He's not answering his phone.."

"He left this morning to go home.. he'll be on his flight by now but he also said something about turning his phone off so that'll be why you can't get ahold of him.." he explained. "Is Adalyn okay? Why are you at the ER?"

"She called me before and was like.. balling her eyes out cause she's in so much pain and.. like she- she thinks she's loosing the baby cause this is how it all started last time.."

"aw," he frowned. "Is she or you don't know yet?"

"I don't know.." she softly sighed, looking back into the hospital as she wandered around out the front. "We've been here for like half an hour and she only just got called in and so I stepped outside to call you."

"Are you okay, love?"

"mhm," she hummed. "I'm just a little like shaken up.. she was trying her best to take care of herself and avoid losing baby but it's possibly still happened.. and like I know it's not about me and I can't imagine how she's feeling right now, but it's makes me scared about our baby- like I know baby's healthy and all that but it's still a thought now.."

"I can't imagine how heartbreaking this is for them.."

"She won't even talk to me," she mentioned. "Like she told me what's happening but other than that she wouldn't say a word after I picked her up, and she didn't want me to go in with her and keep her company or anything.."

"She's hurting, just give her the space that she wants," he replied.

"yeah, I know.." Valentina words fade out as she took a deep breath, trying to calm her own emotions. "Is Jack actually on his way home already?"

"Yes, I wouldn't lie about that."

"Do you know why he decided to leave early without a prompt? Or did he know about her being in pain already and didn't want to take the risk of not being here just in case?"

"um.. we all spoke with him like this time yesterday because he was concerned for her mental state and didn't want anything to happen, and also he didn't want Kenzie around which is a whole other thing that we don't know the details about. And then he was going to stay at least for a couple more days while we tried to help with the Kenzie part.."

"Then he spoke with Adalyn last night and he told me that they got into a small argument and he just made the decision to go home and be with her after that," Jonah continued. "He just didn't want her to do anything bad to herself while she's alone."

"That makes sense.. pregnancy has really been kicking her in the ass. And I feel bad cause like she's having a terrible experience for something that she wants so bad while I've had like no symptoms.."

"I just hope she's okay and that their baby's okay and this is just a false alarm."

"Me too.." she softly sighed once again. "Do you know when Jack's getting here? If the results are what we're thinking I just don't want her to be alone and I don't want to force her to be around me if she doesn't want to be."

"um.. he left at like seven and then had another flight at I think nine or ten.. I'd say he'll be home around midday LA time."

"Okay, I'll see how things go then, I might need to get someone to cover my shift."

"Have you had much sleep?"

"Only like three hours but it's okay. I'd rather be here for her, I can always just go to sleep early tonight, it's fine," Valentina replied. "Could we maybe stay on the phone for a little longer till I hear from Adalyn or a nurse about everything."

"Of course.."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i apologise for another shorter chapter.
trying to find inspo for these like "filler
chapters" is hard when your brains think
50 steps ahead :/