005 | this is embarrassing..

Adalyn had attempted to pack for their trip the previous night but it felt like too much work at the time and instead got in bed and occupied herself in other ways — telling herself that she'll pack when she woke up.

But now that the morning had come around, she found herself struggling to find motivation to get out bed and do so, so she laid there listening to music through her headphones as she blankly started at the small suitcase on the floor by her wardrobe with a pile of dirty clothes dumped out from her last trip beside it.

Not even realising how much time had passed by until she faintly heard someone knock on the apartment door, causing her to take a headphone out and see if there was another, only to hear her boyfriend call out to her as he made his way through her apartment.

She had sat up, glancing around at the state of her bedroom and since she didn't want him to see her room like that she quickly got up, grabbing a top off the floor and pulling it over her body as she walked out of her room, shutting the door behind.

"Hi baby," Adalyn energetically wrapped her arms around his neck, placing a kiss on his lips.

"Hi gorgeous.." he slightly raised a brow at her actions and flickering his eyes up and down her body then at her bedroom door. "Is everything okay?"

"mhm."

"..Are you hiding something?"

She glanced over her shoulder as she took note of where he was looking, "no."

"Why do you seem like you're in such a rush then?" he asked.

"I'm not I'm just- I don't.."

"What's wrong? Am I allowed in your room?"

"I don't want you to."

"Why not? You hiding someone?" he joked, letting out a small awkward chuckle.

"no.. my room's a mess.. I'm a mess.."

"You're not a mess, come on," he took a couple steps towards her which had cause her to step backwards. "I'll help you clean, then we'll make dinner cause I'm also guessing you haven't eaten today."

"I've just laid in bed all day.." she confessed.

"Explains why you're still in your pyjama's," Jack teased, placing another kiss on her lips as he opened the bedroom door and looking around the room. "It's not even that bad, I don't know why you were trying to hide it from me."

"I should've done it earlier before you came but the time just passed by so quickly-"

"Gorgeous, it's okay," he interrupted her rambling. "Have you packed for Hawaii yet?"

"no.. I tried to last night, see," she pointed over at her suitcase, slightly kicking the pile of clothes and stand in front of it as she turned to him, "you can stop looking now."

"It's fine," he reassured her grabbing ahold of hands. "Sit down, we'll through these and if there's anything you want to bring to Hawaii, we'll wash them and then we'll wash everything else after."

"I also have a basket of clothes in the bathroom.."

"That's okay, let's focus on packing for Hawaii and then we'll move onto everything else."