019 | glad you like it

As the next evening came around, Adalyn was sat up on the kitchen island watching Jack with a smile across her face, as he attempted to follow a recipe on how to make In-and-Out burgers at home to hopefully fulfil her craving of the fast food and having her actually enjoy the meal.

"I don't know why you're spending so much time on this 'special sauce'," she said using air quotes. "I'd be happy with just ketchup.."

"And you couldn't have said this before?" he playfully raised a brow, tasting some of the sauce now that he had mix in a bit more of some. "It tastes perfect now anyway."

"Jack, last time you ordered me In-and-Out I got you to change as much as you could in app then I picked the rest of the stuff off here.."

"A little test is fun though," he shrugged, turning his attention back to his phone to see what to do next.

"You know we gotta bake a cake next week," she mentioned, receiving a slightly confused look from him. "Next.. Thursday or Friday, for Val's gender reveal on the Saturday- oh also when I saw the doctor earlier I told her to let Val know baby's gender if we get the results before the end of next week, then it can be a little joint party, I hope that's okay.."

"Yeah that's okay," he nodded. "It's just gonna be our friends there isn't it?"

"Yeah. It's us, the girls and your band.. and I think Jonah's family might be there, Val said something about them coming," she babbled. "If Val does find out about our baby before Saturday, if you want your family to be there you can invite them."

"Where's she having it at?"

"The girl's house.."

"oh okay.. that makes sense."

"It's not going to be anything big," she reassured him. "Val's just wants something simple, something small. And we don't even have to do anything for our baby if you don't want to."

"I don't care gorgeous," he moved over to where she was sat, placing his hands either side of her body and kissing her lips a few times.

"I don't want anything big either- I mean I've dreamt of having something big but like there's no point if no one can post about it," she shrugged. "I mean we could still do it and just post everything after baby's born but I want the main focus to be on Val."

"You can post about baby, you know?" he slightly tilted his head as he stepped aside for a second to wash his hands off. "I don't really mind, I don't give a fuck about management.. also you let people know we fuck or whatever," he added with a chuckle.

"Shut up."

"Also I feel bad not telling your family.."

"They're fine not knowing," she replied. "They'll try to take over everything, they'll basically force us into getting married. And like I've never told you this- I did tell your Mom before I came to New York but.. my grandparents- I have mentioned before about like everything in life needing to be picture perfect."

"Anyway.. so they don't really support kids before marriage or the none Barlow in the relationship having kids with another person.. and like they made my Dad choose between my Mom or his daughter who was like Lavender's age at the time and so she wasn't in his life at lot till like the last few years."