015 | you seem nervous

Walking hand in hand to the doctors office, Adalyn lead them into the building and greeted the receptionist with a smile. Then taking a seat in the waiting room, the girl was soon called by her doctor, and the two walked down to her office.

After going talking through a few things and Adalyn taking another pregnancy test which her doctor provided and took a blood test to be sent off — her doctor being equally as excited for the couple knowing all the struggles Adalyn's been through.

"Now.. I know your menstrual cycle is very irregular but when was the last time you had your period?" she asked.

"umm.." Adalyn glanced over at her boyfriend beside her as she tried to remember when they had gotten into a fight during his North America tour. "Early April.. late March- but I've taken tests since then that have been negative.."

"Alright, can you remember the last time you took a test and got a negative result?"

"uh.." she turned to Jack once again. "When did you go to east coast? when the thing happened?"

"The end of may," he replied.

"Then," Adalyn turned back to her doctor. "So like a month and a half."

"Okay, would you like to see baby today?"

"Wait Beck really?!"

"Yes, you can possibly see baby," she smiled at the girl, grabbing her keys as she stood up. "It'll depend on how far along you are, we might be able to work it out today without waiting for the blood test results."

"I would really like to see baby," Adalyn replied with a uncontrollable smile as she quickly follow her doctors actions.

The three walked down the hall to the ultrasound room, Adalyn was quick to listen to her doctor's instructions and pulled her skirt down slightly to reveal her stomach before getting up on the bed and positioning herself to somewhere she was comfortable — this time no where near as scared as she was the last time she had done this.

"you're so excited," Jack whispered into his girlfriend's ear, placing a small kiss on her lips as he stood beside her on the bed. "it's cute."

"shh."

"Now this might feel a little cold, but this should hopefully be more exciting then the last time we had done this," Beck explained as she placed the scanner on the girls stomach, spreading the gel around with it. 

"I hope so," Adalyn turned her head slightly to look at the screen.

"Okay so baby is in there. And in the uterus, growing where baby should be.." she turned the screen slightly so they could both see it. "Here's baby's sac.. and this little spot here is baby."

"don't cry gorgeous," Jack whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead and wiping her few happy tears away.

"I'm so happy," she smiled at him.

"I bet you are.."

"Beck.. how far along is that?" Adalyn questioned her doctor as she had continued to move the scanner slowly across her stomach. "Because my friend got a scan at like four weeks I think she said she was when she showed me the photo and her baby looked smaller than that from what I remember."