035 | want you with me..

"Hey gorgeous," Jack smiled at the girlfriend on his phone screen after answering her call. "I've missed seeing your face."

"hey.." Adalyn mumbled in response while keeping one hand rested against her mouth and her other fingers blocking the little rectangle to see herself on her phone as she held onto it

"How was therapy?"

"it was alright.."

"How's Cartier going?"

"good.."

"Is she treating you well?"

"mh.."

"Do I get to see your little baby bump?" he quickly received a head shake. "okay.. How are you? You're not very talkative today."

"I'm tired.."

"Did you not sleep well last night?"

"mh, not really.. cause I slept so much through the day yesterday."

"Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight," he looked at her with a small frown as she hummed. "I spoke with the boys earlier.."

"Are you allowed to come home?"

"It was mixed opinions.." Jack sighed. "Most of them are okay with me going if I really want to but they.. they're trying to get Kenzie off the tour for me and they want me to stay for a couple days."

"Do you want to stay there?"

"Like I keep saying.. I just don't want to let everyone down.. and if they're making an effort for my sake I feel like I should just stay to keep them all happy- but if you want me home, I'll come."

"I really want you with me.." Adalyn softly sniffled. "I don't like being alone.."

"Do you want me to come home?"

"only if you want to come home," she replied while sitting up in bed and starting to pick at her lips. "I don't want you to come home if you still want to be there on tour."

"Do you want to come here early?" he more so suggested as he changed the subject — not wanting to start an argument. "Then we're together and we still get our Europe trip?"

"What about Lavender?"

"I'll ask Gabbie if you can get her early."

"But my friends are suppose to be going as well and like they all like working and need to be working so they can afford shit, I can't just ask them to take another week off for my benefit."

"I'll come home then-"

"No," she interrupted him, pulling her hand away from her face as she rambled; "Because it seems like you want to be there. You want this fucking Europe trip to happen. I don't want you to come home if you don't want to be here. I'm fine without you, I don't need you around twenty four fucking seven."

"I do want to be at home with you.."

"Well stop saying you want us to be in Europe and that you don't want to let people down because it sounds like you don't want to come home to be with me anymore."

"Can you please take a breath," Jack took a deep breath in as his girlfriend done the same. "I love you a lot, okay? And I haven't had a single thought while on tour where I wished not to be with you. Being with you is all I want, and I'm sorry that my job's getting in the way."

"Let's make a deal," she said, watching the boy slightly furrowed his brows. "You stop telling me you'll come home and I'll stop saying I want you here. We just go on with our lives and we see each other when I come to Europe. I'm done calling you everyday to have the same fuckin' conversation about how you don't want to let people down."

"You're not trying to break up with me, are you?"

"Maybe I fucking am!"

"you don't mean it.."

"I know what I do and don't mean," she kept her voice raised at him.

"Okay... I think I'm gonna come home-"

"I'll believe it when I fucking see it," she scoffed. "Bye Jack."

"goodnight.." his words faded out as she hung up the call.

Jack sat there partially frozen in shock for a few seconds as he tried to comprehend what just happened. Soon unlocking his phone and searching for a flight home, clicking on the one that arrives the quickest, he stared at the screen for a moment as he thought about his decision.

But in the end he booked it since the worry for his girlfriend's mental health being a lot higher than his care for being with his band and continuing the rest of the tour — it was something they could always come back and do, while being with Adalyn when she needs him most isn't.

He debated on how he was going to tell the band and whether he even wanted to tell them all himself. Then deciding to send Jonah a quick message to firstly see if he was awake before asking him to come to his room so they could talk.

And only a few minutes later, Jonah had joined Jack in his hotel room and took a seat on the end of the bed. "Is everything okay?" he asked.

"I'm gonna go home.."

"You've decided?" Jonah received a small nod in response. "Okay. When are you going?"

"In the morning- I know we have a show tomorrow, that's why I'm only telling you cause I know Corbyn and maybe the rest are gonna be pissed and I just don't want them to make me change my mind," he babbled. "I'm sorry.. I just need to be with Adalyn."

"You don't need to apologise," he subtly shook his head. "I'll talk to them in the morning,
we'll get everything figured out. Is Adalyn okay? I'm guessing you talked to her."

"yeah we talked.. she went from like I want you home, I don't want to be alone anymore to like yelling about how she doesn't need me around and how she's done talking to me till she's here. And she thinks I don't want to be with her and that's why I haven't came home yet, and I just- I can't let her be alone, I need to just be with her."

"It's okay, go be with her," Jonah sent the other a smile as he stood back up. "Take care of yourself as well, and I hope you have a safe flight."

"thank you."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i feel like this is a mess and i should've
just ended on a little cliffhanger like "oo
is jack leaving or not" but i wanted to make
the chapter longer and i didn't want to
keep them fighting yk