042 | after this setback

( TW!! there is talk about self harm
within this chapter. please feel free to
skip if the topics effect you in any way. + a
little reminder that you are loved. <3 )

After sleeping in till midday, then spending the day with each other and Jack making sure to comfort Adalyn as best he could after the incident that took place in the middle of the night, the two woke up on the following day still in the arms of each other and in the slightest of better moods than previous.

And since it was a Thursday, that meant Adalyn had therapy — the final session she had booked in before she was meant to leave for Europe. She debated for a while as she laid in bed and her thoughts wandered, but in the end with a little convincing from Jack, she decided on going.

Giving her boyfriend a kiss goodbye, she got out of his car and then walked into the office building with her hand shoved into the pocket her hoodie and her hood up a little after the session was supposed to begin. Sharing a small forced smile with her therapist as Dakota greeted her.

Being able to tell the girl wasn't in the best of moods, Dakota offered a cup of water then didn't say much more to her as they walked down the hallway to her office space. Adalyn quickly went straight to the client's side, taking a seat on the lounge with her legs crossed and watching the other's actions as she shut the door and went over to her desk.

"How are you today, Adalyn?" Dakota asked, receiving a small shrug in response. "Have you been up to much since I last saw you?" She watched the girl shake her head. "okay.. Are you excited to go to Europe and see your boyfriend again?"

"he's already home.." she mumbled.

"Is he? Are you glad to have him home?"

"mh.."

"Has something happened?" she slightly tilted her head. "Or did he just want to come home? Remember you only have to share if your comfortable to do so.."

"he decided to come home.. and.." Adalyn took a deep breath as she wipe away the tears that were forming before her hand dropped back into her lap. "and I.. I.. lost my baby.."

"aw hun," she frown. "would you like a hug?" Adalyn hesitantly shook her head. "That's okay. May I come sit there with you?"

"yeah.."

"Would you like to talk about your lost? How ever you're feeling is very valid," she took a seat next to the younger as she turned to face her

"I hate it," she admitted through slightly teary eyes. "I don't understand why everything bad happens to me. I feel like nothing ever's gonna go my way."

"Can I tell you something?" she caused the younger to look at her confused while slowly nodding. "I felt like that at one point in my life, probably nine, ten years ago now. My first pregnancy I had experienced a miscarriage, and it indeed was the worst time in my life, I felt like my body was 'useless'."

"I feel like that.." Adalyn agreed.

"Just because you feel this way now, it doesn't mean it's going to last forever. Miscarriages are actually more common that you'd think, and it doesn't mean your body's useless. The world works in weird and brutal ways at times and it sucks, it can be the worst feeling.."