025 | this is exhausting

"Are you drunk again?" was the first thing Adalyn had asked her boyfriend on the other end of the facetime call after sharing greetings.

"No," Jack shook his head, continuing to speak in a quiet tone to avoid waking the bandmate he was sharing a hotel room with. "We didn't have a show today, just travel mainly, so I was able to just be alone for majority of the day."

"Okay," she subtly nodded as a small smile appeared on her lips. "Were you just waiting for me to get home?"

"mhm. And honestly I'm still pretty much on American time, I don't understand how he adjusted so quickly," he showed the camera and pointed over Zach who was asleep on the other bed.

"Who is it?"

"Zach."

"Why do you always share with him?"

"Basically always have," he shrugged.

"mh.. I can't imagine being his girlfriend during this, it's not even four-pm here and he's passed out."

"Well good thing you're not his girlfriend," he softly chuckled. "Also I think they might have broke up.. this is our like what? third night here, and I don't think they've talked."

"His girlfriend's a bitch anyway."

"Adalyn," he shook his head with a smile across his face. "Anyway.. how was therapy today?"

"I almost started crying," she let out an awkward laugh.

"Why?"

"Stupid shit," she brushed it off. "I'm fine, I was just talking about stuff, nothing to do with you, don't worry."

"Okay.. but you know you can talk to me whenever, gorgeous," he replied. "I'm always going to be here for you."

"I know.. it was just something I wanted to talk about with her only."

"Okay, that's okay."

"Do you want to see something?" she lit up as she changed the subject, getting off lounge and heading down to her bedroom. Propping her phone up on her dresser and grabbing the box from her bed and bring it over. "Look at this."

"That's so cute," Jack smiled at the dress their friend had made for their daughter. "Valentina done so well."

"It's so tiny," she held it up to her own body.

"It is.. And how is baby Cartier going?"

"Can you see," she backed up slightly after placing the dress down. "It's too high up, we're going to the bathroom," she added, grabbing her phone and going into her ensuite, resetting it down on her vanity. "That's better."

"I miss you.."

"I miss you too," she subtly frowned, unzipping the small zip at the back of her skirt and pulling it down slightly as she backed up to show him. "Baby's making herself known."

"You're still tiny."

"No I'm not!"

"You look hot."

"It is hot here today," she groaned with a small laugh as she fixed her skirt, then grabbing her phone again.

"sure," Jack let out a small chuckle at her comment while shaking his head. "Baby still making you sick?"

"Don't even get me started," she huffed, wandering her way back into the main part of the room and falling back onto her bed. "I threw up this morning, twice. And then I went over Val's right, to get baby's dress after therapy and I threw up there because she had this fucking disgusting candle burning. It's so annoying."

"You like to complain a lot about baby," he joked.

"I'm allowed to. I'm so tiredd. This is exhausting and so draining," she responded. "I don't understand how Val gets up at like five and goes to work in the mornings- even when I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be able to do that."

"Don't compare yourself, gorgeous, doesn't everyone experience pregnancy differently?"

"mh, she's so fuckin' lucky," Adalyn rolled her eyes. "Got pregnant without even trying, doesn't get nauseous at all, has the healthiest baby none of this baby's growing behind where she should be bullshit. It's unfair. Why's it me.. where the only I want to do in life is have a baby, and I'm the one who has to deal with all this shit."

"Gorgeous, think about it.. seven more months of this and hopefully you'll start feeling better and you're not feeling sick the whole time, then Cartier's here and we get the cutest little girl."

"mh.." she hummed, her hand going to her lips as she started to pick at them. "what if we lose baby..?"

"What was that, gorgeous?"

"I'm scared.."

"What are you scared of?"

"everything.."

"Everything's going to be okay," Jack reassured his girlfreind — having a good idea of where her mind was going since it wasn't the first time he had thought about it himself.

"what if it's not?" she sniffled as her eyes begun to water up.

"Adalyn, gorgeous, I'll do anything to make sure you're happy and you get all the thing you want in life," he replied. "I promise."

"will you come home if something happens?"

"If something happens to any of my girls, I'll be on the next flight home, I promise you."

"okay.." she wiped away a tear.

"Are you getting up to anything later today or even tomorrow?" he changed the subject.

"mh.. I might fuck around with the top drawer later after I take a nap," she softly laughed.

"of course," he chuckled while shaking his head.

"Shh. And I think the girls and I are going to hang out tomorrow night after they're all finished with work."

"Having a girls night?"

"yep. Dinner and fake cocktails."

"You're going out?"

She shook her head, "at my place."

"Are all the girls going?"

"mhm. Val, Brooke, Steph and Naomi."

"Sounds like it'll be fun."

"I will be cause you're not here."

"I love you so much," he chuckled at her comment.

"I love you too," she smiled.

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

imagine them talking for longer than
this. i just didn't know what to write so
i just ended it here :))