004 | still get an urge

"Adalyn, right?" she sent the girl a smile as she welcomed her into her space, closing the door behind them. Receiving a small hum and nod from Adalyn while she awkwardly stood there, watching the other. "Are you happy with me calling you Adalyn or is there a nickname you'd prefer?"

"I- yea- Adalyn's fine.."

"You can take a seat, get comfortable, I want you to see this as a safe place," she explained as she took a seat herself. "I'm Doctor Denton, we spoke on the phone yesterday.. but you can just call me Dakota or Dee, whatever you're comfortable with."

"okay.." the youngest nodded, slightly picking at her lips as she hesitantly pulled her legs up to her chest and placing her feet onto the lounge.

"How's your day going?" Dakota asked, watching her shrug. "Did you get up to much this morning?"

"not really.." Adalyn shook her head, "I woke up, hung out with my boyfriend for a bit and got ready and then came here."

"Do you have any plans for later today?"

"um no.. just another night alone," she sighed.

"Not spending time with your boyfriend?" she watched her shake her head once again. "Okay.. Do you enjoy spending time alone?"

"I use to.. but I've spent too much time alone in my apartment this year that I now hate being there, like all I do is lay in bed."

"Do you have any hobbies or things you like doing alone?" Dakota asked.

"..not that's appropriate to talk about," she lightly pressed her lips together as she looked across at the elder.

"Self pleasure?"

".. maybe."

"That's okay," she reassured her. "If that's something you enjoy, that's perfectly fine."

"I use to drink a lot.." Adalyn confessed, her hand going back to lips as she started picking at them once again.

"Alone?" she received a hesitant nod. "Okay, that's okay.. Do you still do it?"

"no, not anymore.."

"Can I ask why you've stopped?"

"um I don't know," she shrugged. "I just- it- drinking sorta causes pain to myself and also others.. like my boyfriend.. cause I make dumb decisions.. so I sorta just stopped."

"Do you still get an urge to drink?"

She nodded, "all the time.."

"There's nothing wrong with getting an urge, it takes many people a lot of time to over come something that you've been so use to in the past.." she explained. "Is there something you do to stop yourself from drinking, a distraction that you have?"

"Recently I've been going to this like look out area in the hills and just sit there on my own listening to music cause I have a almost full bottle of vodka at home and I know if I'm there by myself I will drink it."

"You mentioned before about your boyfriend, is he supportive of you not drinking?"

"mhm.." she rambled, "We were in Vegas at the end of last month and I did drink the first night we were there, cause my friends were and honestly I didn't want to be at his show cause all his fans hate me. But the second night there, it was his friend's twenty-first and we didn't end up going because I would have drunk if I did.."