Taken-Jefferson

I watch as she fidgets with a strand of her hair instead of making eye contact. The way that her face looks in this moment interests me. I can feel my beast comes forward as he looks at her through my eyes too. The color that has appeared on her cheeks makes her face look amazing. I didn't even know that people with her skin tone could blush. She almost reminds me of the chocolate covered cherries that many of the humans in our clan enjoy. I just don't know why she is having this reaction to such a simple question.

"That color on your face looks delightful. What prompted it?" I ask her as I lean back on my heels.

The look that she throws my way is one of pure contempt. My cheeks spread in an over grown smile that feels odd with he hair removal. I haven't had a proper smile in so long that the motion actually hurts a bit. She bites her bottom lip as her eyebrows furrow and she looks away.

"I didn't want you to cut your hair" she mumbles.

I blink thinking that I must have no heard her correctly. My smile grows wider as my dragon does a happy dance in my mind. From her embarrassment I would say that its because my dear mate might like something about me. however, I don't want to just assume so I decide to ruffle her feathers and ask.

"Ah, and why is that if I may know?" I ask her quite cheekily might I add. Instead of answering me though she turns away and walk back to the corner of her room. Deciding that I want to have fun with this I follow after her as I start to hum.

"Could it be because you like my hair?" I ask her as I twirl it around my finger in an over flirtatious way. She rolls her eyes and still refuses to meet my gaze. "Or is it because you haven't gotten the chance to touch it yet?" I ask her. Her only reply to that is to blow a small puff of hair out her mouth. A chuckle leaves my lips as she turns to face me with her arms folded.

"I'm sure that if you clean it up, you have great hair. I only stopped you because there are so many people in this world that could use your hair if you were to donate it instead. I was only thinking of all the people in need out there, not the selfish act that you were about to commit just so that you could feel good about yourself" She states.

Her response has the smile wiping off of my face immediately. Well, if she puts it that way then she is surely right. Me just cutting my hair because I don't like the length of it is a cruel act. She must see something on my face that she finds funny because the next thing I know she is laughing heartily.  Her laughter echoes in the room as I stare at her pensively.

The cheeky little wench just played us. She just got exactly what she wanted.

"See you really shouldn't play with people if you cant take the heat back" She says as she walks up to me and pokes me in the middle of my chest. I smirk at her. Well it looks like she can dish it our just as well as I can. Before she can move back from poking me I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. I hear as the breath rushes out of her lungs in reply. Her arms fly up to my chest just as her eyes fly to mines.

Tingles erupt all over my skin as I smile down at her. Deciding to see just how far I can take this; I cup her face in the palm of my hand. She blinks rapidly as she stares into my eyes. When her eyes flicker down to my lips, I smile in triumph as I stare at hers in return. The way that they look so plump makes me want them in my mouth. Its an action that I have always wanted to try but I was saving it for my mate. It's a decision though that I refuse to take from her.

She pushes lightly against my chest but somehow I cant let myself go to release her just yet. I like the way this tiny little woman feels in my arms. A rumble fills my chest from my dragon and I know that he agrees. This is where she belongs. Even though her words say that she doesn't, I feel like her body is speaking a different love language. I want to meet the call of it. I lean down close enough so that she can feel the heat of my breath on her lips and I whisper.

"When I do get the chance to kiss you mate, it won't be because I was the one that placed you in my arms. It will be because you wanted to be there" I say softly.

A gasp fills the air from her and this time when she pushes against me I decide to let her go. She takes steps away from me as she uses her hands to cover her bountiful mounds. Deciding that she may need a few moments to herself after that promise, I head over to the sink to continue what I was doing. I meet her gaze in the mirror to see that it is on my hands.

"Don't worry gorgeous. I have decided to keep my talons away from my hair thanks to you" I tell her. I let her have her time as I take the water and start to lather my hair. I use the soap next and wait until I see more bubble then hair before giving it a good rinse. I ring the strands out and take a look at them in the mirror. I cant help but to smile proudly when I see that my yellow strands no longer look lack luster.

"Wow, it really is yellow. I had thought that it would be close to blond but your hair is actually yellow" She says in amazement from across the room. She still looks at me shyly as she wraps her arms around herself.

"Yeah, it's the same color as my dragon" I remind her. I feel my eyes shift as he comes forward so that she can see. If I were to be facing the mirror right now then I would see eyes the same color as my hair. I have heard that due to the paleness of my skin, it can be an eerie sight to some humans. I wait for the look of disgrace or fear to appear on her face. She surprises me however when she smiles instead.

She opens up her mouth to say something but instead we both freeze when we hear the door. I move fast as I rush forward to place her behind me as we hear it close. Footsteps echo across the metal floor as they round the corner. I don't even have to wait to see who it is. I would know the smell of my kin anywhere. After what he did to her last time though, there is no way that I am letting him near her. This time if he wants her, he's going to have to go through me.