Humility-Jefferson

I try to keep my breaths shallow as I struggle to breathe. There is so much anger running through my veins it's a wonder that I can even feel the pain of the hammer at all. He did this in front of our mate. Im so weakened from his time of torture that I cant even defend my own mate. I shouldn't even have to defend her from her other mate. The images flash in my mind once more as I growl loudly.

He took what did not belong to him. He had no permission from her.

The growl rumble continuously as my dragon gets more infuriated. Beside the anger there is also so much confusion. I watched him with Julia. I had no choice when he trapped me in those chains against the wall. I had so much fear that he was going to hurt her and that I would be able to do nothing but watch.

The way that he took her kiss seemed almost sensual in nature. We both got so angry when we realized that she was paralyzed beneath him. Her skin had gone ashen and her body stiff. I ripped the chain from one of the walls as I watched her be violated. Seconds later I was forced to give pause as I watched her respond to him. The arms that were trapped underneath his moved to clench into the fabric at his waist. Her lips moved beneath his in a heated tandem.

My body responded as I watched. When he changed the anger of the kiss it was almost like watching her submit to him. Every part of her went soft and pliant as he led. For the second time since seeing my mate, my cock went hard in my pants. Infuriated by the brief reaction I tore the other chain from the wall in a haste. As I sit here trying to stay on balance with hand while holding the hammer with the other, I regret the quick moving. I should have tried to free my legs first.

I watch as he releases her from his grasp with a small pop as he disconnects his mouth from hers. The scent of her is in the air so strongly that it does nothing to help me breathe easier. If anything its like it sends more fire running through my veins that makes me want to fight to get to her. The gums in my mouth itch as that scent hits me in a rolling wave as she curses my brother out. I can hear his footsteps as they get closer to me.

You know what we could do to stop him. I do not know how much longer I can continue taking the brunt of the pain.

"We cant. We only have one shot to use it. We need to do it when it counts or it could ruin everything. We need to save our mate first. If we die making him see reason, then she will be lost forever without a mate" I remind him.

"Looks like you need some help there" Morbius says. Before I can respond his hand swipes out and yanks the hammer out of my chest. My breath leaves me in a woosh and I collapse. My head bounces off the floor and for a brief moment I see stars as I hear his laughter.

"Why cant you just leave him alone. He hasn't done anything to you?" I hear our mate yell at him.

"He is at fault for everything. You know not of what you speak female" He says calmly back.

I feel the tendrils of hair on my scalp pull tight as he lifts me from the floor by them. I don't even try to remove his arm. I can hear as droplets of my blood hit the floor from the bleeding wound in my chest. It seems as if all my energy and strength is leaving with each drop as it goes. I want to stop myself from passing out even though I know its coming. I don't want to leave her here with him. I don't know what he will do. I just feel so helpless.

When he releases my head, I cant even lift it again. The only movement I make is to turn it to the side so that I can see my mates beautiful chocolate face. I want to tell her that I am so sorry that she has to see me like this. I want to wipe away the tears that she is crying for me. I know why she stays away as he does this. I don't blame her. I want her to stay away. She needs to take care of herself when I am unable to.

I blink slowly as I feel myself start to fade. The chains that are holding my feet get lowered to the ground rapidly and the lower half of my body finally meets the ground. Apparently he can tell that I am no longer a threat because he releases me from them completely. Embarrassingly my ass stays in the air and I am unable to even turn or fall to my side.

He steps into my line of vision and crouches down in front of me. My eyes barely focus on him as I see what he is holding in his hand. The metal pole that he clings to is a weapon of his that I have not seen here before. In the state that I am in now, he could use it to deliver a final blow. If its made from a dragons body and combine with the metal, then these are my last moments. Its with that thought that I finally pull my eyes back to my mate. My dragon wines in my mind as we both admit defeat. This is now how we wanted things to end. However, we cant die without giving her something.

"I....Jefferson... Maurice.... Howard..accept Julia as my mate and love of... my life. From this day.....to the time of my death, I am yours. In heart. In body. And in Soul" I say the words as fast as I can with the little breath that I have left. Something snaps in my chest and I can take a deep breath. My brother growls and his feet leave my vision as I look at her.

The tears that shined in her eyes but refused to drop have now fallen. She sits on the floor a few feet away from me and holds her arms tight around her body. Her eyes widen behind me and I just know that something bad is going to happen. I don't want her to see this.

Make her turn away.

"Turn a-away" I tell her. She shakes her head fast as she crawls toward me a little. A large warning growl from my brother stops her in her tracks as she throws him a hateful look. "please" I beg her.

"I will be here with you. As your mate I owe you that much" She vows as she stares into my soul. I feel as the cold metal of the pole he held is placed onto the back of my head. He applies no pressure just yet as if he is waiting for something. Fresh tears appear anew on her cheeks as my eyes finally mist. I could have had everything that I ever wanted right in my arms. From the mistake I made as a child, now I never will.

The pole drags over my head and my hair goes into my face. I release a puff of air from my mouth to move it so that I can still see her. At least my eyes will be on my heaven before I leave this earth. The pole drags to my back and stope just over where my heart lies beneath. Its only right that this is where he will take my life since this is the only part of me that hurts now.

"I Julia Marianne Reed accept you Jefferson Maurice Howard as my mate and the love of my life. From this day forward until the time of your death, you are mine" She vows as she holds my gaze and tears pour down her cheeks.

I shout as something in my chest expands so much that it blinds me. My body bows to the floor as it straightens on its own and my vision clears. Deep breaths finally fill my chest and I feel empowered. I try to rise from the floor knowing that I am at an advantage but am stopped with a fist to my face. His boot presses into the top of my back and holds me to the floor as he presses the pole to the cleft of my rear. I freeze immediately as my eyes widen.

"Today is a lesson to you brother. If you try to screw or claim our mate before I do, then I will screw you with this pole. I will shove it so far inside of you that it will never be able to come out. She. Is . mine." He roars. The pole is removed from over my body once more and I try to rise. The fist that hits my face this time is lethal and after the split feeling of pain the world finally goes black.