Past Mistakes-Avery

Looking at the faces in the room I can feel the words in my throat as they choke me. All these years and i know that the way that i handled things in the past was wrong. I made the decision based on our unborn children. I should have told Salvatore the truth of that night and yet I was afraid. I was afraid of how he would look at me and that I might have been left to raise our baby alone. I was afraid that he would see the dark side of me that Slater knew before I learned to control it. Who knows that Salvatore would have helped me control it later down the line.

"Speak!!" Slater yells at me. Salvatores gaze swivels between us both as he tries to access my mind link. I block him from it not wanting him to see the actions. They are words that I need to say anyway.

"That night was not how things were supposed to go, Sal. You have to believe me. I never wanted anyone to get hurt "I tell him as I plead with him. As I step toward him he steps away from me as he looks at me. I know from the look on his face that Slater has already told him. The words spill from my mouth as I plead my case and the look of horror only grows worse on his.

"A month before the incident, Slater and I were caught by Big Jim as we made love in the room. I know we had agreed not to do things in the house but one thing had led to another. We didn't even hear him come home. We were in your room and the door just burst open as we scrambled to get dressed. Big Jim was just so mad and he said so many horrible things "I tell them as I cry.

"He left after he told us to never do it again and we agreed knowing that it was a lie. Slater went to work as if nothing had happened and I stayed home as I waited for you. We had agreed that it was best we said nothing to you so we kept it a secret. Later that night when you left for your other shift after the movie I was asleep in my room when Big Jim came to talk "I say as the memory plays out.

"He was so drunk and falling all over the place. At least I thought he was. When he fell on top of me, he pinned me so quickly that I couldn't even get him off. I froze when his hands started to move. He told me of what he had witnessed in the forest when he followed me. Said that he knew I like both brothers so I wouldn't have a problem taking him too. He said that our time would come and that I had better be ready for him "I say as I spit the words out.

The growl that comes from Salvatore is one that I know all too well. It means that he is well and truly pissed. I know he would be and it's why I didn't tell him at the time. "I would have killed him. I could have saved you" he says as he looks at me sadly.

"I knew that. It's why I only told Slater what happened. When Big Jim went the next few weeks as if nothing had happened, we thought it was just one of his drunken episodes. Three days before that night though, he left me a note. Slater had been taking an extra shift so that we would have the money and the car to leave as soon as possible. When I showed him the note though our time line moved up "I say as I look at Slater. As he rolls his eyes at me the pain I feel is indescribable. We both know what comes next.

"So we came up with a plan. Big Jim said I had three days and that I better be in bed waiting. He left instructions that neither of you were to be there so I chose a night that you both had to work. We let Big Jim and you think that Slater had gone to work. In truth I waited in the forest for him where you found him while Slater waited for Big Jim "I confess as the tears pour down my face.

"I wasn't expecting him to show up with a knife. He came into that room saying filthy horrible things about how she was going to be his new whore. Before he could even make it to the bed I attacked him. I only wanted to scare him so that he knew not to come after us or report missing. But I missed the knife" Slater whispers.

"You weren't supposed to kill him, Slay" I whisper back.

"You were never supposed to come back to the house. You were supposed to wait for me no matter what happened. But you had your own plan Avery. Didnt you Avery?" Slater screams at me and I flinch.

"What did you do when I sent you to say goodbye?" Salvatore asks as he approaches Avery. I look at him sadly before I answer. I know that this is the part that he truly wont like. I know that he may even hate me for it. But the truth has to come out now.

"When I saw the scene at the house, I was terrified. I knew what must have happened and yet I couldn't forgive him for killing someone. Even if at the time it was for me. It's not what I wanted. I just wanted to be free to live a happy life with my mates. He was so shocked to see me as I walked in and I could tell how scared he was. So I comforted him in the only way that I knew at that moment." I share.

"No, you fucked me and drugged me. As I faded away, you whispered your little rejection in my ear and then you left" Slater screams at me as Salvatore flinches.

"How could you?" Salvatore asks as he looks at me in horror. I reach for him as he snatches away and all hell breaks loose before I can explain myself. The man who was unconscious in the corner is now awake and he attacks Slater right before our eyes.