Food Play-Jefferson

I approach the dragon who has been taking care of my duties slowly. Over the last week or so since I have been home I have grown to trust him in my kitchen. He had already taken over the duties in my absence and I had heard nothing but good things. The fact that it could have been a sick role he was playing is not lost on me. Questions that he has asked me since my return plague me. I thought that he was just trying to get to know me since he would be working under me as sous chef. Now there is no way that I can trust him.

He looks frightened as he stands in the center of the room. We all close around him from all sides as he searches for a way out. When he spots the mess that my brother has made of his friend, his entire expression blanks and he rises to stand. He looks at everyone in the room and stops on Xander.

"My mate is on her way to this clan as we speak. If you can promise me that she will be safe, then you can do whatever you like to me. I only wanted her to be safe" He says as he looks Xander in the face.

Xander appraises him from head to toe as he watches the man and i wait. It looks as if the man is willing to cooperate and that is what we need. We have no idea what Slater's plans were when they raided the labs. Now that it is unfolding, the only information we have is from the people that he still has.

"I will guarantee your mate will go unharmed but know that she will not be trusted until she proves herself. You however, will never be able to step foot on my land again" Xander warns him as he comes forward. I would say that with finding a trader in his midst he is handling this surprisingly well.

"Well once i have to tell you what i do tell you, i promise that it will seem like an extreme measure" he says as he sizes up our alpha. The undertone of his voice causes Xander to growl in his direction and he holds up his hands.

"I never set out to harm anyone here, you know. I have never had a home besides the one that I have made with other species who lived outside of clans. Things changed for me as I took root here and I met my mate. My assistance to the man on the phone stopped quite some time ago. I didn't want him to hurt my friends" he says as he looks at us all.

"When Anthony first told me of the clan, I was curious. I not only wanted to get information for him because he asked but for myself. I could never have imagined that something like this existed. He kept it secret with us for a long time that he has joined a clan" he says as he looks at Anthony.

"On the first day of my second week, I received a call to my cabin. A man stated that he had proof of my mate and that he would leave it where I could find it. This was only four months ago when your chef was taken" he says as he looks at me. "The clothing he smelled smelled of her. My dragon would not rest until she was with us completely, so i did as he said"

"I spied on you all and gave him information. I wrote down the days and times when each of you came to the cafeteria as well as what you all liked to eat. It was information so small that I didn't think it mattered at the time. In exchange he brought me letters from my mate and I wrote her back. The meeting spots changed each week with a phone call" he says. I listen closely because from the look on his face I know that there was more.

"The last few weeks though, the requests from him have changed. They changed to things that he wanted me to do" he says sadly. Xander steps toward and he raises his hands once more as he spews the words. "None of it was to hurt anyone. He had me change a few shipments of produce that we got. He even helped to finalize the menu in the kitchen that I now swerve. All of the different dishes were his ideas" he shouts.

"What has he been sending here?" I shout at him as I step forward. My mind races at the possibility that the food could have been tainted. The same food that I have been feeding to my now pregnant mate.