Replenished-Maximus

I look at the dragon man sprawled out on the ground and all I can do is scratch my head. I knew that I would eventually get myself into a sticky situation by dealing with him and yet I didn't think that it would be this bad. I just couldn't stand the fact that their was a dragon out there so similar to me when I knew that I could do something about it. As I stand here now, it has me rethinking the whole situation.

"He will be just fine" Equus says as he bathes in the sun at the edge of the river. I roll my eyes at him. Dealing with the kelpies is always weird but sometimes it can come in handy. Their power is so unique that many choose to stay away. I mean who wants to die each time they need to receive answers to difficult questions. I know they do more than that but that's pretty much how I take it.

"Really? Have you taken a look at him. The man is curled into a ball on the floor and tears are leaking out of his eyes. His yellow dragon eyes are all that we can see and they look vacant" I shout. This entire situation really is just starting to irritate me. It better work or I don't know what to do next. We need him on our side.

"Is everything okay Maxi" Emily says in my head. "I can feel your emotions right now" she states.

"I'm all good love. Just having a tough conversation right now with the kelpies" I rush to say.

"I'm always here if you need to talk. You don't have to hold so much in" She says with a huff. I already know the ulterior motive of her comment. I sigh as I reply next.

"I know love. I'll try. We can talk later okay" I state as I end the connection. I know that the ending was abrupt and that she would have more to say but I can't speak right now.

We should not lie to mate. We should just tell her how we feel. She will understand.

As my eye clear from the fog I cant even react to the fist that comes to my face. "Fuck" I curse as I am forced to take a few steps back. When I look up its to see a pissed looking Morbius as his entire body swells with his angry breathing. "I'm glad to see that you are feeling better, sleeping beauty" I say as I fold my arms. The left side of my face stings a bit from the hit but it's not like I haven't taken many of them in the past.

"You had no right to interfere. The next time you go back on a deal we make; it will end with something worse than just my knuckles on your face" He warns as he cracks his knuckles.

"Damn, you sure do make the sweetest promises" I tell him deadpanned. As per usual, he and I both end up in a staring competition. I seriously don't have time for this. I have been having a problem with my mate and that is taking priority now that I have let Mr. Daisy pants see the light of day.

"The Fish boy said that this was the place to bring you. You have information that we need to get a few of our own back and we have something that you want" I tell him as the other men watch. They have been silently watching our exchange this whole time.

"You don't have a damn thing that I want pretty boy. That's a fact. What did you think bringing me here would solve?" he ask with a quirk of his brow. He has taken one of his knives out of his sheath to play with. From his stance I know its not something he is going to use right now. He may not be making eye contact right now but I know that he is seeing everything that goes with this situation.

"You need our help to get your mate out of that place. There is no way that you will be able to do it without our help. We need the locations of the facilities so that those odd few humans can stop using us for their experiments. The situation seems like a win-win to me" I remind him.

"I don't need your help getting my mate out. Me and her other mate can do that just fine on our own. I will just need your word and that of your alpha that they will be safe here" He states as he looks me dead in the eyes.