Chapter 19

The knocking sound was getting closer. The invisible man was knocking on the wall against his ears, each sound like a hit on his heart. Xiao Li didn't react at first but after realizing the sounds were divided into different intervals and tones, he had a guess in his mind. Morse code?

The little ghost in this room seemed to like hiding clues rather than telling them plainly. The last time he urged Xiao Li to go, he had to write it in a poem form. If there was an opportunity, Xiao Li wanted to send the other party a book called 'How to Write a Poem (Primary School Edition).'

At the end of the last short syllable, the other side stopped tapping. The broken teddy bear slowly took back the original white paper., crumpled it into a paper ball and threw it into the corner. Xiao Li recalled the number of times the knocking paused, the long sounds and the short sounds-N, E, W, S, P, A, P, E, R... newspaper!

During the day, Xiao Li strolled through the entire building. There was no library but there was a reading room. At that time, it was clean and tidy without any extra books. If it was a newspaper then the biggest probability was this place.

He picked up the flashlight and went straight to the door. It was just that as Xiao Li turned around, there was a weak resistance on his clothes like an invisible 'person' was holding it. The black-haired child stopped as he was reaching for the doorknob. "Do you still want to play?"

In the huge mirror, it was unknown when but the teddy bear had turned to silently face Xiao Li, staring with its falling button eyes. The invisible 'person' didn't answer and no toys fell down. This was... the meaning wasn't to play? However, the other side didn't let him go.

Xiao Li didn't know much about children. He might have a younger brother, Xiao Ming, but he never took care of the other person. He thought about it and hesitantly extended his hand in the direction of his clothes behind held and awkwardly raised the air. He used to watch his neighbours take care of their children. The children were generally happy when raised to this height.

The other side was probably shocked by his move and avoided it. Xiao Li didn't touch anything and the force hindering his movements disappeared. The teddy bear's eyes that were falling off swayed in the air.

Xiao Li saw the door open and walked in the direction of the reading room from his memories. During his walk, the little yellow book, who had been quiet for a long time, suddenly woke up and radiated light and heat in his pocket. Xiao Li ignored it. He planned to find the reading room first before looking at it.

The corridor of this building was barely visible, just like last night. The inconsistent thing was that people's crying and crashing sounds came from afar. The sound seemed to be a certain distance away and there were only vague movements.

Xiao Li came to where the reading room was located and gently pushed open the door. The light of the flashlight shone into the world inside the door.

It was covered with a thick layer of blood, like stepping into a sea of blood. There were several spider silk ribbons hanging in the room, covering the entire reading room. In addition to the front desk and bookshelves, there were many tables and chairs in the room.

Xiao Li's pace was very slow. It was too slippery here and if he fell down, he wouldn't be able to change his clothes.

The faint light of the flashlight pushed forward little by little. There were no traces of any newspaper in any conspicuous place or the bookshelf. There were leftover sugar paper and shredded paper on the table.

Eventually, Xiao Li found a stack of newspapers in the trash can closest to the inner corner. It was a stack of local evening newspapers from one year ago. The paper had turned yellow and the creases showed it had obviously been read through many times.