Chapter 200

The figure's hand ran across his throat and his throat was really cut open.

A large amount of blood sprayed from the wound as this throat was cut by something unknown. In the end, his entire head fell backwards. It shook in mid-air, leaving only the last piece of flesh connected to the neck.

Strangely, the blood didn't splash on the ground in front of him. Instead, it was absorbed by the clothes. In everyone's eyes, the figure slowly turned around. His head hung backwards while his blank eyes stared at the reincarnators.

Xiao Li took a step in order to go to the opposite side of the road but the figure disappeared just as sudden as when it came.

Xu Jiaheng was just an ordinary student, but he was now suddenly being involved in a ghost incident. His face turned pale at the sight of the blood. As his chest rose and fell sharply, he instinctively asked the reincarnators for help. "He... the wounds are increasing. Is this a sign?"

The others were silent for a while. Wang Huai and Xiao Li looked at the shadow that had disappeared while the rest of the reincarnators exchanged looks.

Wen Wenwen responded first. "It should be."

His answer was a bit perfunctory because he was thinking about something more important.

"I... what should I do?" Xu Jiaheng didn't pay attention to his tone. He just wanted to vent out the panic in his heart. "I-I don't want to go home. I'm afraid of my mother. My mother has become so strange. She must've been infected by the ghost just now!"

The reincarnators were currently in a very contradictory situation. First, if they brought Xu Jiaheng with them, would the reincarnators be affected when the ghost attacked him? Second, if Xu Jiaheng was ignored then would they lose the way to survive?

Kesia weighed these two points and asked Xu Jiaheng, "Will the school tell your mother if you don't go to class?"

"I-I asked my deskmate to apply for leave for me. The teacher probably won't tell her." Xu Jiaheng whispered.

"Probably?"

"Absolutely. I've done this before and she never knew."

Wang Huai gave a small 'tsk' but no one paid attention to him.

Kesia followed his thoughts. "However, if you don't go back at night then your mother will definitely find..."

It was easy to find someone in such a closed-off town.

"I have a way as long as you take me in." Xu Jiaheng thought of a method and his eyes lit up. "I can ask my deskmate to cover for me. I will say that I have to take an exam soon and I have to go to her home to do homework. My mother won't doubt her."

He had made up his mind. Even if these people weren't willing to take him in, he would live at the house of his deskmate. He would never return home.

"Wait."

Kesia pulled the other reincarnators and stood a bit further away from Xu Jiaheng. "How about it? We can let him stay in the living room on the first floor or we can buy another house next door for him to stay in."

"I don't think it is that good." Wen Wenwen raised objections. "Didn't you clearly see what had happened in the movie theatre? It is easy to involve us when a ghost attacks him. There will be risks when adding one more person."

He Tian didn't continue their topic and instead asked another question. "What is the figure doing as you saw just now?"

"He cut his throat."

"I saw the same thing."

"It isn't complete, right? In Xu Jiaheng's story, the figure he saw at the beginning wasn't wounded. He was intact." He Tian glanced at Xu Jiaheng and said, "The figure we saw was headless from the beginning. I suspect that we have been accelerated and we must protect him."