Chapter 61

Guan Yu was walking in front of Xiao Li but still sensed a slight pause in the other side's footsteps. He immediately slowed down and asked, "What is it?"

Xiao Li looked back at the emptiness behind him. "Did you hear footsteps?"

Guan Yu was startled by his remarks. In this terrible haunted place, any subtle movements might be a murder omen.

He stopped, calmed down and listened carefully. The sound was covered by the rain and Guan Yu hadn't been paying attention. Now that he was listening closely, he really heard the increasingly noisy footsteps mixed in with the rain.

The two of them stopped and the people in front also noticed. Hu Li turned around and asked, "Why are the two of you stopping?"

Xiao Li made a 'shh' gesture and pointed to his ear with his left finger to show them to listen carefully.

The expressions of the group also changed. These footsteps were endless and nonstop, as if this was downtown area.

The footsteps grew louder and louder, gradually covering the sound of the rain and showing their existence to the reincarnators with a great fanfare.

Guan Yu's face was white. "Are the footsteps all ghosts? Listening to this, I feel like I'm on Nanjing Road during a national holiday."

Once the volume of the footsteps reached a peak, the reincarnators saw that the surrounding scenery had changed.

Originally, the hospital was empty, calm and lonely. Now the corridors were full of people. There were mothers with children, young people who came alone with their medical records and couples sobbing and crying. It was filled with humanity.

The pungent smell of sterilization entered their noses, making the entire scene very real.

Xiao Li and the others appeared abruptly in this corridor but no one noticed their presence.

"An illusion?"

A reincarnator made a guess.

However, unlike ordinary illusions, they didn't pass through the patient's bodies but touched the other person. Hu Li tried to hold someone who rushed past and was glanced at because of his bald head.

Xiao Li had one hand in his pocket and put the little yellow book under his arm. He stood in place for a while to watch before finally selecting a direction, walking towards a certain department.

Guan Yu looked at him, remembering the words Xiao Li spoke downstairs. 'This outpatient building corresponds to the past.' Then this was the triggering the path of life, thus generating some memories?

He couldn't think and his feet first moved towards Xiao Li. In the end, he settled in the middle and waved to the reincarnators behind him. "Keep up."

Hu Li wondered, "...I'm the captain, right?"

He touched his bare hand and after a moment of worrying over it, he chose to keep up.

Xiao Li finally stopped in front of the surgery. There happened to be a girl sitting in the row of chairs outside the door. Xiao Li had come here because of this female patient. She wore a black mask and had tightly wrapped herself up. The girl's eyebrows and collarbone were lost the same, covered with a light makeup.

He walked in and saw the doctor inside listening to the girl, arguing about something.

"...You, how can the operation fail?" The girl's tone was ordinary at first but then she became more and more impassioned. "You quack, you ruined my whole life! How do you have the face to continue being a doctor?"