Chapter 88

At night, the streets of the small town were sparsely populated. Almost no one set up nightstands, or at least, Xiao Li didn't pass by any. This disappointed him. Only the streetlights, the night wind, the falling leaves and their shadows accompanied them.

As he passed by the streetlight of the most prosperous intersection, Xiao Li gazed at the traffic lights opposite him and thought of the snack stall downstairs when he lived with his mother. His eyes were on the shadow in front of him while he thought.

The night wind blew into his eyes as the moonlight fell on him. Soon, before the red light on the opposite side turned green, Xiao Li was stunned. It was because his shadow moved while he was completely still.

The pure black shadow was originally reflected in front of him on the right but the shadow's left hand extended to the left. The place where his hand stopped just happened to be the location of Xiao Li's hand.

At the intersection of people and shadows, it looked like a shadow was intimately holding Xiao Li's hand.

Xiao Li, "........."

He couldn't grasp the feeling of being held but the shadow came to him so suddenly that he subconsciously pulled out his arm. The shadow slightly paused. He discovered that Xiao Li knew and directly elongated his figure. He changed into the shadow of a grown man who was a lot taller than Xiao Li.

It moved again, directly reaching for Xiao Li's shoulder. Xiao Li took a step to the right, leaving the shroud of the shadow. The shadow didn't follow Xiao Li. It remained in place like it was a bit lost.

Luo Dian was originally beside Xiao Li. She was absent-minded as she thought of her remaining teammate Han Jin and waited for the traffic lights to change. Therefore, she didn't notice the shadow. She just saw Xiao Li move away and immediately thought of a ghost. "What's the matter?"

Xiao Li spoke quietly. "It's fine, the streetlights over there are too harsh."

Luo Dian, "......"

She didn't know his state of mind. She just looked up at the streetlight and stepped back quietly. Just then, the traffic lights changed from red to green.

Xiao Li and Luo Dian continued to walk forward. His shadow was left in place but soon, the shadow returned to his feet. This time, it was no longer the shape of a man but turned back to the same appearance as Xiao Li.

He could probably guess the identity of the shadow. There was no ghost who would be so bored except for the little yellow book.

The teenager turned his wrists and opened his mouth to break the silence, "Luo Dian, what is the other secret you mentioned when you asked for help?"

Luo Dian struggled for a while. Her original idea had been to complete the task, survive and then say it. However, looking at Xiao Li's fierce treatment of the ghosts, clearing the instance should be a very simple thing...

The girl soon made up her mind. "it's okay to tell you now. I'm sure you won't abandon me after achieving your goal."

Xiao Li waited for her to continue.

Luo Dian said, "Moriarty, you must've seen that I have many items on me. These items are the key reason why I could live to the present. They were brought out of a present instance. It was a special instance where you needed an invitation letter from pirates to go. I exchange 10,000 task points at the market for it. The people who sold it at the market didn't know its value. The name of the island was Treasure Island."

"There are ghosts who guard the treasure and they will ask people who land on the island three questions. If someone answers every question correctly, they can get one treasure from all the treasures on the island. I ended up entering with Wang Huai, who is now second on the rankings. He not only got three treasures, but he also drilled a hole in the rules and tripled the number of treasures that could be taken out. I also benefited from this."