Chapter 49

The empty carriage.

Wu Tianyi's hand was still holding the girl. At this time, her special shield item had lost its effectiveness. She was afraid that the ghost bride would catch up so she didn't dare to out to find Tian Ji and the others. She just found an empty carriage to hide in.

The girl in the couple saw that her boyfriend had tripped due to the water stain on the ground and was targeted by the female ghost. Although the other person had scolded her in the death and life crisis, she couldn't help crying, "W-Why is it us? Ah Wei, don't die ah..."

She was now the only hope for the reincarnators to complete task two. As long as the passenger survived when they reached the third stop, they could leave the instance room. Therefore, Wu Tianyi was particularly gentle to her. "Don't cry, at least you are still alive. We will help you and we can get out of this world together."

She said this while thinking about the pen fairy's incarnation, Chu Chu. She still had a psychological shadow regarding this matter and Wu Tianyi subconsciously shook.

"Really?" The girl sobbed.

Wu Tianyi told her, "It will definitely be okay."

The other person in the group didn't pay attention to their conversation. He stood at the door and paid attention to any noises. He was afraid it was the ghost but hoped it was Tian Ji's group. These two conflicting mentalities made him feel contradictory.

They didn't know anything about Tian Ji's group and had to wait here for those people to come.

This carriage was very quiet and only the girl's crying echoed in it. Yu Chao was afraid this sound would attract ghosts and requested in a low voice, "Can you not cry in order to avoid being heard?"

This girl was obviously frightened. The more she tried to stop crying, the more she couldn't stop. She became louder and louder until she finally hiccuped.

Wu Tianyi was also anxious. Yu Chao's words weren't unreasonable. Since it was so quiet, such loud crying would easily be heard by the female ghost. She carefully persuaded the girl with a few words but the other person just shook her head.

Wu Tianyi was anxious and upset by the crying and finally, she could only reach out to cover the girl's mouth. Just as Wu Tianyi reached out, there was a subtle sound from the depths of the carriage.

The trio stiffened as they stared at the source of the sound. It was a pen. The pen opened the lid on its own and wrote on the ground: You will all die here.

*********************

Tian Ji and the others resolved the ghost bride and first returned to the kitchen, where they found a pool of blood on the ground. They frowned and instantly realized something was wrong. They didn't know how many people had survived.

"Go out and look for them," Jiang Yishe stated.

They finally bumped into Wu Tianyi in the sixth carriage. The girl couldn't hold back her tears as she ran. Once she looked up to see Tian Ji, Wu Tianyi stopped and gasped while speaking intermittently, "No, they are all gone. Our task two is also..."

Then Wu Tianyi explained what happened to her, including meeting the ghost bride and the pen fairy.

Jiang Yishe patted the girl's shoulder in comfort. "Maybe there is still hope. Isn't there still a passenger?"

It was the man who hadn't been seen since he went out.

Tian Ji heard up to here and shook his head in an unsure manner. "Maybe he doesn't count as a passenger..."

"Yes." A strange voice was heard. The group looked back to see the man leaning against the wall, black jacket on his lap. "I'm not a passenger, just a passerby."