Chapter 74

Xiao Li held the pile of white bones in his arms while holding one with his hand, attentively studying it.

He was the centre while the surrounding reincarnators opened the distance with him. However, the corridor was small and they didn't dare separate, so they had to walk slightly sideways.

Xie Zeqing was close to Xiao Li. He repeatedly looked back at the bones lying in the same place. He wanted to stop and say something but ended up looking at Xiao Li again. "You... are you going to carry these things the whole way?"

Xie Zeqing wasn't ignorant of the world. He had experienced many instances and there were many people who sacrificed others to live or who took the limbs of their dead teammates to survive. However, those people were either nervous, crazy or calm. Few people would be so enthusiastically absorbed in studying these things.

Xiao Li observed the arm bone. He didn't know if it was due to supernatural power but these bones were different from human bones dried after a long time by the wind. It was very shiny porcelain.

He listened to Xie Zeqing's words and thought for a moment. "It's okay not to take it with me. I will see if it can keep up."

Xiao Li threw the bone in his hand at his feet. Then he turned and knocked on the wall twice. His eyes were shining and he seemed to want to see if the skeleton ghost could move through the ghost ship.

Xie Zeqing, "......"

Did this person think the skeleton ghost was a dog that crawled along after the bones? Did he want to shout, "Skeleton, stand up!"?

There were minor movements from the place where the ghost was located, as if it was really chasing after its bones, but there were no signs of the ghost.

Every time Xiao Li walked, he would drop another bone like a guide. It wasn't until there was only one left in his hand that the entire ship suddenly shook! It was as if something had been hit. The hull tilted to one side and there was the constant sense of vibration. This movement-

Qi Xiaoxiao's expression changed. "There is something on board!"

She immediately looked at Xie Zeqing. Xie Zeqing didn't wait for her to ask and said, "There is a very subtle ghost aura. It is very small and I can hardly feel it. However, there is a large number of them and I can perceive it when they gather together.

There was the sound of footsteps from the deck above their heads. The owner of these footsteps scattered and their movements were soon lost.

The people in the cabin stood still. Everyone held their breaths and were afraid of making any noise, for fear of attracting the attention of the creatures on the deck. The sun outside the window gradually fell and alternated with the bright moonlight.

After the strange creatures got on the ship, they ceased to exist except for the initial noise.

Wei Lige was the first to relax. He slightly bent his back and raised himself from his waiting posture. Perhaps it was just an illusion, the story of the ghost ship repeating. This was the script that ordinary reincarnators wanted to see most. There was no danger in an illusion and there would be clues hidden. This was much better than looking around like a headless fly.

Qi Xiaoxiao and the others didn't relax. They still maintained their original standing posture against the wall. Just as Wei Lige couldn't stand it anymore and wanted to poke the corner of Qi Xiaoxiao's clothes, Luo Shan reached out to stop him.

She might be a plot character following the reincarnators for the first time but Luo Shan's experience from small to large gave her calm. She carefully untied the crystal from around her wrist, held the crystal's silk threads against her forehead and meditated in her heart. "They have left. There is no danger here."