Chapter 140

The ghost angrily bared its teeth toward Xiao Li, dark mucus flowing down. However, Bloody Mary was beside it, causing the hand that aimed at Xiao Li to hit the steel door instead. There was a banging sound and a pit appeared in the steel door.

...It had a pretty big temper.

Xiao Li raised his hands. "I admit it. This isn't your partner. Then who is it?"

Kudo followed his words and made up a tragedy. Apart from their partner, there was no family. If the researcher in this laboratory sewed the family members of the ghosts on their backs...

The ghost roared angrily and Kudo's sympathetic gaze made them a few times angrier.

I won't tell you!

It looked at Bloody Mary and first picked up the body that had been pulled down. It tried to place the body on its back again but once the woman's body left, she was seemingly unable to act on her own. She slid down the body again and again.

The ghost had to jump up, cling to the body with both hands as it walked unsteadily back into the depths of the room. Bloody Mary spun her long, soft golden hair around her fingers and looked with interests at the ghosts who returned to their room.

She turned her head and returned to the main topic, pointing to the three drawings on the wall as she started to educate Xiao Li, "Look at the candles you drew. Are you sure they aren't twisted colons?"

Xiao Li spoke innocently, "Didn't you come as usual?"

"...Next time, if you don't use regular candles then I won't come. Remember, I want white ones on silver candlesticks. You also need to kneel down reverently and call me Lady Mary."

Xiao Li, "..."

It was absolutely difficult to get Bloody Mary these items in an instance world. He thought so but he didn't say it to her.

Bloody Mary saw he was speechless and was slightly satisfied as she flicked the dust off her skirt. She could only stay here for a short time. The moment she looked up, she saw the three terrible candles and didn't intend to stay longer. She left this vow and then disappeared into the steel door.

After the beautiful ghost left, Kudo stared straight at the steel door opposite him. "She is?"

He clearly heard Xiao Li calling Bloody Mary but he didn't dare believe such words. The moment she left, he questioned the other side.

"A friend."

Sure enough.

Kudo muttered, "...I knew it. How do you have so many friends?"

The point was that these friends weren't human?

"Maybe it was because... they were genuinely moved by me and formed some type of connection with me." Xiao Li thought about it and spoke about the most likely reason. Then he turned to Kudo. "Let's go."

He had just taken a step forward when there was a buzzing sound above his head. The steps they were stepping on suddenly rose up and the ceiling above their heads moved down. The two people were moved and ended up locked behind an iron door.

*****

On the other side of the monitor, a pen was struggling to write.

[According to the experiment records, after 0284's call for help and 0942 'memory food man', I released the 039 experiment 'back ghost'. However, 039 (Hercule) made a response outside the database. His behaviour is abnormal and he recruited an untraceable helper. He repelled 039 and forcibly separated the food on its back.]

[I can't analyze the logic inherent in the experiment's behaviour and the process of summoning helpers.]

[There isn't enough theoretical data.]