Chapter 58

Xiao Li took a step back and distanced himself from the ponytailed girl. He moved but the girl didn't move. She kept her back to Xiao Li with dropping shoulders. It looked disharmonious and strange.

At this moment, Guan Yu's item failed. He started sweating and he couldn't wait to drag Sherlock to leave. He wanted to leave this man alone but in the absence of an item, it was difficult to say if he could safely return to the dormitory. If so, he might as well follow Sherlock. After all, this person wasn't reliable but he seemed to be very strong.

Xiao Li saw that the girl didn't speak and reached out to pat her shoulder. "What ward are you in? Why are you wandering outside so late? If you are finished in the toilet then go out. Next time, look at the gender."

Guan Yu couldn't help saying in his heart, 'Can we not mention this toilet matter?'

Then the ponytailed girl moved. Her voice was thin and weak and there was a friction sound like a rusty tap. She said, "501."

It was the first room on the fifth floor. Xiao Li conducted himself like a doctor on duty. "Go, I will send you up."

The ponytailed girl refused to turn around and spoke intermittently, "You... go first, no... don't peek."

Xiao Li was waiting to answer. Guan Yu was really afraid he would say yes and grabbed Xiao Li's wrist. "Wait, Sherlock, you aren't really going to let her go behind you? This is the classic killing from behind. She definitely isn't a person and once behind you-"

"It's fine. You go in front of me and I'll walk in front of her, Doctor Guan."

"......Fine."

Guan Yu walked in front and the footsteps of the two people behind him were very light. In particular, the footsteps of the ponytailed girl could hardly be heard. It was as if she was floating forward.

The further he went, the colder he felt, especially on the stairs. He wanted to turn back five times but he heeded the warning of the ponytailed girl. He didn't dare look back in case he was killed and he kept calling out to Xiao Li, "Sherlock?"

"Yes?"

"It's fine, I'm just calling you."

Five minutes later. "Sherlock?"

"If you call out one more time, I'll walk away from you."

"Don't do it, I won't call out. It is good as long as you're still there."

It took them some time to get to room 501 because of Guan Yu's slow pace.

The fifth floor of the inpatient department was darker, as if the darkness became thicker the higher the floor. It seemed like something was dormant in the depths of the darkness.

The door of 501 was wide open. It was a single room with a single bed in the middle, a small table and a TV. Guan Yu came to this door and stood in place, refusing to move. Xiao Li crossed him to enter the room and turn on the light.

The girl with the ponytail stopped him. "Don't turn on the lights."

She walked forward slowly, the ponytail behind her head swaying along with her footsteps. At first glance, she was quite youthful but her bizarre forward posture destroyed everything. How could she walk backwards? How scary was her face?

Guan Yu's brain filled in the image of the ghost based on a variety of horror movies, from a disfigured face that had been splashed with sulfuric acid to a grim white face.

The moment the ponytailed girl reached him, Guan Yu hurriedly took two steps back. His eyes widened and he reached out to cover his mouth, swallowing the instinctive scream. He saw that the ponytailed girl's face was a ponytail!