Chapter 94

Xiao Li added, "However, she didn't care about me and the dog barked loudly."

Zou Hanyi couldn't find her voice. She finally managed to get out, "Dog...?"

In their dreams, the little girl had become a ghost and they could no longer pay attention to the dog. They didn't know if it died on the spot or was a dog ghost.

Xiao Li nodded. "Yes, but its state was very strange. Once it barked, the girl stopped moving towards me and she said something."

"What?"

"Go over there."

Zou Hanyi and Hao Ge asked in unison, "Which side?"

Xiao Li shrugged. "I didn't manage to ask because I was woken up by you."

Hai Han, who woke Xiao Li up, stuttered, "...I-I didn't mean to."

"It's fine." Xiao Li leaned his forehead against the seat and his elbow on the door. "I'll try to sleep again to see if I can continue communicating with her."

His tone was so calm that no one could tell if he was serious or telling a joke.

Zou Hanyi asked hesitantly, "Are you really going to sleep?"

"No, I woke up twice in one night and can't sleep again." Xiao Li reached for the map placed between the driver's seat and passenger's seat. "Still, I can roughly guess where she was saying."

It was a map of the area. It wasn't very detailed but there were several roads in and out of the exclusion zone marked, as well as large buildings inside the exclusion zone. Xiao Li took out a pen from his pocket and drew a route on the map. This was the road they had come in. Then he circled a blank space and wrote 'residential building.' He drew a line from the residential building to the ghost light that Xiao Li had seen looking out the window of the ghost house.

"Here." Xiao Li put away his pen and estimated the distance to the light. "I saw a light here when I returned to the building."

Zou Hanyi took the map and studied it before asking Xiao Li, "Is it the same light as the residential building just now?"

"No. The lights of the residential building didn't move. This light was very weak kept moving."

What lights could move? Zou Hanyi first thought of a lantern or- perhaps the amusement park written about on the letter?

"Go and see?" Xiao Li patted the arm of Hao Ge who was sitting in the driver's seat.

Hao Ge looked at the sky outside. It was still a vast darkness and he couldn't even see his five fingers if he reached out. The temperature in the forbidden zone wasn't high. Based on the temperature, it seems to be autumn and it was late morning. The sun hadn't risen yet.

He made a bitter expression. "Isn't waiting for dawn better? My survival experience tells me that going out at night won't have any good results."

Xiao Li shook his head. "The light only turns on at night. We are likely to miss it during the day."

Hao Ge didn't want to go. He looked at the rest of the reincarnators for their support.

Hai Han chose to stand with Hao Ge and shook his head. "Don't run around at night. This is death."

Lu Min, another reincarnator with a low presence, nodded in agreement.

Xiao Li reached out to open the door, letting cold air into the car. Hao Ge received a chill and raised his head to question Xiao Li when he heard the other person saying, "Then I'll go first to explore the road."