Chapter 196

Xu Jiaheng instinctively closed his mouth, leaned back on his chair nervously and looked at the big screen in front of him.

The movie started with a black screen that lasted a minute. Then it lit up and a girl appeared. The girl had a beautiful face and her hair was tied in a high ponytail. She came out of the bathroom wearing loose pyjamas. The moment she came out, she couldn't wait to get into the warm bed with her mobile phone to continue watching the movie she hadn't seen before.

The screen was too dark and Xiao Li couldn't see the movie the girl was watching. Just based on the general video that was flashing away, it looked like a horror movie, not a youth romance.

The girl watched for a long time. Then she switched out of the movie and into the chat box with a man nicknamed 'Handsome Hui'. She typed: [Qi Hui, what are you doing? I just took a shower and I'm watching this movie that is said to be terrifying. I'm a bit scared. It would be better if you were here.]

Qi Hui should be her boyfriend and he replied quickly: [I'm working overtime. Xiao Ni, don't watch this type of thing at night. Wait until I come back so that we can watch it together.]

The girl, Xiao Ni, said many coquettish things. Then she looked at the time. The camera showed the alarm clock beside the bed. It was half-past 11.

"It's time to sleep." Xiao Ni spoke to herself. She plugged in the charging cable for her phone, locked her phone, turned off the light and closed her eyes. She tried to sleep but she couldn't fall asleep. Therefore, she raised her body up, grabbed her phone and continued watching the horror movie from before.

The scenes of the horror movie on the mobile phone kept changing. At first, it was a long narrative about how the hero and heroine met. Xiao Ni almost fell asleep but in the middle part, the heroine was lying in bed in the same posture and playing with her mobile phone. Behind her, a shadow rose.

The shadow bent over without making any noise. It just peered at the heroine quietly. The heroine was so focused on her mobile phone that she didn't notice anything behind her.

Xiao Ni was shocked when she saw this and felt something cold behind her. She instinctively looked back and didn't see anything. She let out a sigh of relief. "Watching horror movies at night is really amazing. Forget it, I won't watch anymore. I will wait for Ah Hui to come back."

She looked at Weibo for a while, getting rid of her inner fear with photos of cats and dogs. Once she became sleepy, she put her mobile phone casually next to her pillow and fell asleep without turning off the light.

The footage in the movie started to shift outwards. After Xiao Ni fell asleep, a shadow appeared by her window. It bent its body at an incredible angle and carefully observed Xiao Ni's sleeping face.

The next second, the screen went black.

In fact, Xu Jiaheng had already spoiled the reincarnators on this part. It was just that they couldn't help feeling surprised when they saw it in person, combined with the atmosphere of the movie theatre.

In the darkness, Xiao Li held the pen and wrote a few lines in the little yellow book. Before he could finish writing, his hand was pulled by the person beside him. Xiao Li put down his pen and looked at his hand. Shen Chenzhi was holding his hand. The owner of the hand didn't look guilty at all. He instead used his fingertips to deliberately touch the palm of Xiao Li's hand. The young man's fingers were white, cold and slender but they were soft and gentle to touch.

Shen Chenzhi gripped this hand tighter, wishing to hug this person in his arms and melt into his bones. His sight and reason were completely occupied by Xiao Li. There was a movie in front of him but he only thought about how to get closer to the other person.