Chapter 175

Ye Zeqing was only one metre away from the dark shadow on the door. He choked and chose to simply stop in place. No matter how many battles he had been through, this was a normal human response to an unknown fear.

However, Xiao Li seemed to have no such fear. He paused for only one-tenth of a second out of surprise by the black shadow's sudden appearance. Then he immediately opened the door in front of him and walked out the door with no hesitation.

Ye Zeqing followed him closely while the door wasn't completely closed. Xiao Li's speed was already fast but the dark shadow was even faster. In the blink of an eye, it floated out the door of the office building and into the darkness. The scene described was a very mysterious thing but Ye Zeqing something got the impression that the back was showing faint panic.

Xiao Li stood in place and chose not to chase the shadow.

"The direction it is running in... seems to be Hall R?" Fu Guangbo spoke hesitantly as he analyzed the direction of the black shadow. They had completed the patrol mission of the office building and it wasn't too late. It was half an hour before midnight. This was the best time if they wanted to go to the exhibition hall.

Chen Jinghan glanced at Xiao Li and asked his opinion. "Will you go?"

Fu Guangbo had also given up on the idea of leaving Hercule and decided to put his life first. He would follow the bigshot even if it meant entering the tiger's lair.

Under the reincarnators' scorching gaze, Xiao Li struggled for three seconds before shaking his head. "...I'm not going."

"You're really not going?" Ye Zeqing and Zheng Yi asked in unison. They realized this, glanced at each other and looked away with disgust. Then Zheng Yi asked again, "Why?"

Xiao Li's eyes shifted to the corner again. He pondered on it for a moment before replying slowly, "The sound of water flowing...is continuing."

"The sound of water, is it a secret sign?" Zheng Yi asked without understanding.

Fu Guangbo also showed a curious look beside Zheng Yi. He didn't understand either but he was too embarrassed to ask because he didn't know Hercule.

Xiao Li didn't want to explain too much. It was because the explanation was long and he was lazy. Even so, it was Zheng Yi who asked this question. Xiao Li thought about the way Zheng Yi had come to look for him and opened his mouth to explain as briefly as possible, "In a general office building, the water pipes won't keep making noises at night and there won't be any mixed knocking on the walls of the pipes."

The sound, though faint, persisted. This wasn't common sense.

"The office's power is cut off but the elevator is left. This can be seen as a convenience for employees." Xiao Li kept talking while listening to the movements of the water pipes and heading in the direction of the logistics office. "However, if we think about it another way, perhaps it deliberately let us take this elevator so we would ignore the stairs and ignore these sounds."

The stairwell was very, very quiet without any electrical appliances that made noise. The walls of the building were also thin, making it easier to hear the sound of the water in the stairwell than the office.

Zhang Kaixue heard this and she couldn't help asking, "However, how did they know we would take the elevator? Most people would take the staircase at this time... maybe the elevator is just always on here."

She soon realized that her words seemed to be implying something and defended herself. "I didn't mean that you aren't an ordinary person."'

...Why did it seem that she made things worse? Zhang Kaixue opened her mouth to excuse herself but found that Xiao Li didn't care. He directly continued speaking, "If it was just this thing then perhaps it is an illusion but combined with what that person said to me this afternoon..."