Chapter 20

Xu Ying looked at him dumbly.

Xiao Li continued, "You know the truth. Then what?"

Xu Ying didn't speak but she already understood the meaning of the other person. Even if she already knew the truth here, the task wasn't completed because the so-called ghost game hadn't begun.

A basin of cold water was poured on Xu Ying's excited heart. She pulled away the hair that was stuck to the side of her cheek and quickly adjusted her mind, changing her tone. "You are right, the truth doesn't mean anything. You are also a smart person and we can work together. To show sincerity, I will tell you the truth that I know first."

Next, she told her speculation about the orphanage and it was exactly the same as what Xiao Li thought.

The orphanage during the day was what it used to be and these traces faded away during the year. The nighttime was the real orphanage.

Zhu Fei sponsored the orphanage and secretly used it to do some illegal activities. They took the orphans who caught their eye to the counselling room to check them, doing experiments secretly. If they had good looks or were a suitable match, they took the children out of the orphanage in the name of 'adoption' and sent them to luxurious houses or hospitals of the rich.

For the information in the counselling room, those with triangular mark were suitable for matching. After being discharged, they would be taken to the corresponding black market. Those with a tick mark were seen by the rich and regarded as a plaything.

Under Zhu Fei's long-term manipulation, the Fengcheng Orphanage formed an industrial chain underground that brought him huge benefits-until the dead spirits returned.

The ghosts turned the orphanage into another hell.

"It is just that until now, there hasn't been the ghost game mentioned in task two." Xu Ying glanced at Xiao Li and thought about what the other person said previously. "Did you say that you played Five in a Row with a ghost previously? Is this the ghost game? Do we have to go out alone and risk our lives?"

Xiao Li shook his head. "If this counts then I would've already returned to reality."

"Yes, the task isn't that simple." Xu Ying spoke with some disappointment. "Do you have any ideas about this place?"

Xiao Li raised a finger and spat out a syllable. "Wait."

The first day they entered, it could be called calm. The next day, there was the counselling room. The task couldn't let they delay until the fifth day so there should be a wave of killings tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Xu Ying still wanted to say something but Xiao Li left the reading room without looking back.

The mobile phone here had no signal and there was no way to play games. Xiao Li just wanted to rest earlier.

This night was destined to be unsettling. The selected reincarnators who were selected died in the hands of the ghosts and those who escaped were taken away by monsters in the fog. There weren't many people who could safely return to their dormitory and shut the door. Even so, they had to endure the strange movements in the room for the rest of the night.

Many people stayed up all night and it was only when the sky brightened and everything returned to normal that they fell asleep.

They couldn't have thought that on the third day, the so-called ghost game would begin.

During the third night, there was a voice that was heard by everyone. "Today, let's play a game. Everyone, play together."

"We will play... hide and seek? I will count for 300 seconds and you can just hide. I will find you one by one. The people I catch will stay with me, okay?"