Chapter 81

Like the CG, there was no voice from the phone handset. There was only the hissing of the line. The other side didn't speak and Xiao Li also didn't make a sound. Three seconds later, he hung up the phone.

Luo Dian sat on the arm of the sofa next to him. "How is it?"

"As you said, no one talked." Xiao Li spread out his hands towards her.

Xie Zeqing took out his mobile phone and placed it on the table. "So you hung up? That doesn't match your personality. I thought you would do something more... outrageous."

For example, looking for seafood on the water ghost. However, Xie Zeqing thought that even Xiao Li couldn't do anything to the phone ghost. He couldn't run down the phone line to beat up the other side.

Xiao Li pushed away Xie Zeqing who was near him. "The ghost didn't answer. What can I say?"

The conversation was getting further and further away as they talked. Luo Dian sat down and interjected uneasily, "This is only the first time you are answering the phone. It isn't until the third time that the curse will occur."

Xiao Li's attention was removed from Xie Zeqing. He thought for a moment before asking Luo Dian, "Have you answered the phone three times?"

"Yes, it is now the sixth day since the plot character Xu Chenfeng started receiving the ghost call and the third day for us." Luo Dian spoke while pulling up her sleeve. There was the number '82' engraved on the girl's smooth white arm. The number was like a tattoo engraved on the skin. It couldn't be wiped out and was firmly imprinted.

Xie Zeqing asked, "You got a tattoo here?"

Han Jin also followed Luo Dian by lifting his sleeve. There was a number on his arm but it was a bit less than Luo Dian's number. It was an '80.'

Xie Zeqing wondered, "The same tattoo? Are the two of you lovers?"

Xiao Li pulled Luo Dian's arm and carefully examined it. "...A countdown?"

"Yes." Luo Dian pressed the number on her skin. The skin was sunken but the number flowed like it was alive. "I found it after receiving the third ghost call. First, it was 96, then 95, 94... At first, I didn't realize what it was. It wasn't until everyone answered the phone that we realized the identity of the number. The number would decrease very hour and we understood that it is the countdown of our lives. If we can't find a solution to the curse of the phone ghost, we will die when the number reaches 0."

"If you want to solve the curse of the telephone ghost, you have to start with the phone ghost itself." Xiao Li looked closely at the number on the girl's arm. "We can start from the phone number or the plot character Xu Chenfeng."

At this time, Xiao Li perceived that the little yellow book in his pocket was vibrating but he wasn't in the mood to manage the book. He was still thinking about the curse of the phone ghost and asked, "What is your task this time?"

Luo Dian had no time to distinguish between male and female and she replied, "It is a routine task. Survive for seven days or successfully life the curse to return to reality."

Xiao Li said, "IN other words, there is a way to delay the curse or directly lift it."

"Yes, we approached Xu Chenfeng first, pretending to be neighbours who just moved in. We also investigated the phone number but couldn't find the corresponding phone. Therefore, our teammates started with the school."

"She is a dance school student and a few days ago, a dance teacher died at her school. We all thought we found a clue but after some investigation, we found that the dance teacher died from a simple car accident. She didn't look for cars when crossing the road because she was busy talking to her boyfriend on the phone. Xiao Qing, one of our teammates, went to the teachers to inquire but couldn't find anything. Everyone said that the dance teacher lived very well and had a good relationship with her boyfriend. They were going to buy a house and a car together. Han Jin found her boyfriend and he had red eyes and looked very sad. Everything was consistent with common sense."