Chapter 34

The black box lying quietly in the middle of the floor grabbed everyone's attention. In particular, Shi Ye felt that his legs were soft. He wanted to take the box and stuff it back through the crack but he didn't have the courage to touch it. Thus, he could only hide far away in the corner.

If it wasn't for Ah Gang's presence still outside the door, Shi Ye would've escaped immediately.

The rest of the reincarnators were like ghost. They scattered away from the box in the centre, seemingly anxious to put Shi Ye and the black box together to be thrown off a cliff.

Xiao Li leaned against the door and knocked on the wooden door with his knuckles. "Are you still there?"

The reincarnators: ???

Who was he asking? Outside the door was Ah Gang who delivered this black box. Presumably he wasn't human and was a ghost. How could he greet the ghost like an old friend?

Outside the door, Ah Gang stopped as he was going to leave. He turned to look at the thin wooden door without answering.

"It's nothing. I just want to ask you, why Shi Ye? Is it because of luck or is there something special about him?" Xiao Li leaned towards the door, touching the door lock. "If I said that I lost something, would you give me the black box? How about giving me one free of charge?"

Zhu Yiting's eyes repeatedly jumped to the black box in the middle of the house and the dark-haired teenager behind the door. After listening to Xiao Li's words, he suddenly wanted to shout, "What have you lost your mind? F*k!"

On the other side, Ah Gang's face was hidden in the shadows. As a dead body that was resurrected, his face had no expression but there was a hint of confusion in the dark pupils. He had probably seen too many people who refused the black box but he had never met anyone who would take the initiative to ask for the black box...

He was currently more like the sled grandfather who gave Christmas gifts than a fierce ghost who came to claim a life.

Xiao Li waited a while and once he saw that the ghosts outside the room didn't move, he continued, "It seems you have no more stock. Then this black box must be the one in the CG. Can you answer one of my questions? Does it bring death or does death bring it?"

Ah Gang stood outside the door for a while. Among the dark clouds, a cat screamed in the distance. Then Ah Gang acted like he woke up from a dream as he walked towards the sound of the cat.

His body was currently that of an adult male and his footsteps were heavy, causing the reincarnators in the house to sigh with relief when they heard it.

Zhu Yiting stood on tiptoe and walked around the black box in the centre of the room like he was performing the ballet Swan Lake, moving closer to Xiao Li. He now felt that the post in the forum was true. Sherlock was really strange but this strangeness gave people a faint sense of security. Mixed together, there was even a special charm.

He tentatively asked, "Sherlock, brother, Brother Xia, what do you think now? I think that according to the CG that we saw, there is a ghost in the box. Once the box is open, the ghost will kill the person who opened it and then move to find the next target, repeating this cycle. I think your idea is too complicated. I don't think that the ghost has that much IQ."

Xiao Li didn't have time to reply when Shi Ye's emotions went out of control. He clenched his fists and tore off his camouflage of calmness. He punched the wall, causing a piece of debris to fly out. "F*k, why me? Why isn't it you? What did I do to make it look at me? I clearly went on the safe route!"

The moment he exploded, Zhu Yiting closed his mouth and glared at Shi Ye. After coming to this world, Shi Ye had acted as the captain and assigned tasks, always giving the dangerous tasks to others. Zhu Yiting had been unhappy with him for a long time. Now that Shi Ye spoke his mind, the last traces of sympathy in his heart was gone.