Chapter 98

The third phase was to make a choice and there was a time limit. This made Zou Hanyi temporarily move her attention away from how they left the haunted house and she first asked Xiao Li, "How to choose?"

This time, Brother Hao also came out. After Xiao Li and Zou Hanyi left, he didn't know if they were dead or alive but he knew the clown was still there, looking at him while not moving. The clown didn't come straight over and kill him, which suggested that Xiao Li was right.

In the end, Hao Ge chose to believe them. He closed his eyes and walked forward, coming out to the tall building together. Hao Ge looked at the task book. "Save or destroy, why does this feel like we have to choose to be good or a villain? How can we save this place?"

Xiao Li looked at the two options. "Destruction is always easier than salvation."

"But..." Zou Hanyi instinctively tried to refuse destruction. Then she put this idea behind her and asked in a different direction. "If we choose a task, how will the instance world ask us to complete it? Destruction is directly destroying the forbidden area but saving it..."

A large hole appeared in Zou Hanyi's head as she thought of a novel she had read. "Crossing through time and space?"

"Stopping an explosion before it happens is the most complete way to save..."

Xiao Li interrupted her. "It is impossible. There will be a paradox."

If the reincarnators came back to the forbidden area and saved it before there was an explosion, there would naturally be no forbidden zone in the future. Then how could they go back inside the forbidden area?

Hao Ge interjected. "I can't imagine how to save it but the reason I came out of the haunted house is due to Sherlock. Whatever you choose, I will follow."

He knew he wasn't a decisive reincarnator. He had survived the last world because there was a top-ranked figure in his team.

Zou Hanyi was silent for a moment. "Then you want to choose destruction?"

"No." Xiao Li wrote in the little yellow book. "I choose to save it."

"Why?"

Xiao Li shrugged. "Destruction is often a momentary thing and can be stopped at any time by salvation."

Zou Hanyi exclaimed, "...Ah?!"

She didn't understand but Xiao Li obviously wasn't ready to explain. She worried about it for a moment before also writing 'save' in her task book. Hao Ge followed them and made the same choice.

[You have selected Task 1 to save the forbidden zone. Please successfully complete the mission within six days and you will be transferred back to the real world after the mission is completed.]

The task tip didn't give the reincarnators any clues. It looked like everything was in this factory...

Xiao Li put the task book back in his pocket and raised his flashlight to look at the tall building in front of him. The sky of the forbidden zone was becoming bright as the sun started to emerge from the clouds. Red light flowed through the sky into the forbidden zone, covering the forbidden zone. Light shone off the power plant's shelter structure, reflecting a sea of light.

Xiao Li turned off the flashlight and went inside the factory. Along the way, Zou Hanyi peeked at him several times. Once they entered the building, she finally asked the question in her heart. "Sherlock, why is the way out of the haunted house to close our eyes? How did you know that?"

Zou Hanyi had been observing and thinking since coming out of the hot springs hotel but she never found out that the way to live was to close her eyes.

Xiao Li pushed open the door while slowly speaking. "The angle."