Chapter 24

The doll's hair was only exposed for a moment. Xu Mei's eyes hadn't widened yet and she didn't have a chance to confirm it when it disappeared without a trace. Combined with that phone...

Xu Mei quickly left Xiao Li's room door. She had a bold idea.

She didn't think that Xiao Li could manage ghosts. How could an ordinary person deal with ghosts? In addition, Xiao Li seemed to be a young man who studied every day and never did anything like this in the Xiao home. There was no way for him to control ghosts like Mr Ye. Xu Mei's idea was that Mr Ye left a ghost beside Xiao Li, not killing him right away but making him live in endless fear. The uneasiness originally caused by Mr Ye's disappearance was scattered.

Xu Mei used a soft voice to have a servant bring a bowl of sweet soup. She would educate her son to absolutely not approach Xiao Li. The lady's elegant back soon disappeared below the stairs and behind the rose in the vase, a doll showed one eye and stared after her in a dull manner.

Xu Mei thought it was good but she soon found that the truth wasn't as she wished. Whenever the Xiao family's master wasn't back, she was alone in the master bedroom. The bed was soft and silky and the entire room was filled with an aroma that Xu Mei liked. She always liked flowers and plants and placed a pot of rare orchids by her bed.

She turned off the lamp, closed her eyes and prepared to go to sleep. Xu Mei's usual sleep quality was good but she didn't know why today, there was always some ups and downs in her heart. She lay in bed for 10 minutes before opening her eyes again.

She had just opened them when she saw a shadow sitting at the end of her bed! She had closed her eyes for a long time so Xu Mei could see slightly in the darkness. This thing seemed to be a doll that was very fat. The facial features couldn't be seen.

"What is this ghost thing!" Xu Mei's chest rose violently as she got up from bed and reached for the lamp.

However, the doll moved. Xu Mei made a stunned expression as it grew from small to large, turning into a life-sized ghost in a bloody school uniform. It stood by the edge of the bed and buried its head in the orchids.

This was very close to Xu Mei and the bloody smell spread. Xu Mei's scream was in her throat as her hands and feet moved in another direction.

The figure didn't care about her and just stood in place. It looked up when Xu Mei ran to the door, glanced at the door and left the room.

Xu Mei had never experienced such a thing. She saw the ghost disappeared and stumbled to open the door, screaming, "Ah-! Come! There, there is a ghost!"

******************

Inside the room at the other end, Xiao Li was lounging on a chair, his mouth stuffed with a piece of pastry as he played games on his mobile phone. Since Zhou Ying entered his phone, there was a program called Happy Music running in the background. A child was still a child.

Xiao Li operated his character to get a double kill while thinking. He had already checked the little yellow book this day and also spent all day playing the game. Xiao Li was different from Xiao Ming. Xiao Ming was busy every day. It wasn't only the weekdays. Xu Mei used the weekends for various training courses. Meanwhile, Xiao Li didn't even have to go to class and he was happily idle.

He was playing the game when there were big movements outside the door. It seemed to be coming from the main bedroom. Xiao Li didn't raise his head. He had no feelings or curiosity at all, not to mention the sounds were coming from Xu Mei. Xiao Li couldn't forget about that strange taxi. It wasn't because he felt uneasy that someone wanted to kill him. It was that he was 80% confidence the person behind it was Xu Mei.