Chapter 3

On the way to the dining hall Mrs. Lee and I caught up on all the drama that had happened. She showed me tons of videos of her cute little baby girl, who's name was Olivia.

She was the cutest little baby I had ever seen, with brown hair and emerald green eyes and a tone of light brown freckles. She looked just like her mother.

Mrs. Lee was flattered to hear me say it. She laughed and waved her hands in front of her face while she dismissed the idea. I laughed too.

Mrs. Lee was one of my favorite people.

___

Nothing changed at dinner. We ate silently and quickly and left separately when we were done.

I made my way to my room and slipped on a short pink slip on silk dress to sleep in and a book to read before I fell asleep. I wrapped myself in the covers and looked at the cover.

Just the cover gave me memories. This was my favorite book. My brother read it to me when I was younger, I would never listen but now that I can do it on my own, I understand why he loved it so much.

It was an old book but in good condition. Other then the pages being tinted yellow, the book was in perfect shape. Alex read it a lot, carried it everywhere. I was surprised it wasn't destroyed.

I read until my eyes are too heavy to stay open and focus on the words. I place the book on my nightstand and turn the lights off.

_____

A few weeks passed and my head was fully healed. The doctors said I healed faster than expected but didn't seem concerned about it. When my mother and I got home after the doctors office that day she instructed the maids to pack my things.

"Why are they packing my things?" I asked. My mother raised her eyebrows at me.

"You're going to a boarding school for your safety, remember?" Suddenly I remembered. My cheeks flushed red and I nodded shyly. I followed the maids to my room and helped them pack.

I made sure to bring my book.

My mother and father walked me to the car. Everything outside was wet and dull like always but I didn't mention how I felt about it. I said goodbye to my parents, hugged Mrs. Lee and told her to take care before thanking all the people who helped me get my luggage to the car.

Mr. Silvernston opened the door for me and I hopped in. He walked around the front of the car and got into the drivers side door. My mother handed him a tone of forms and paperwork and he took them and placed them in the passengers seat.

"You know what to do, correct?" My mother asked for assurance. Mr. Silvernston nodded. My mother blew a kiss at me from the open window and I caught it and put it in my jean pocket.

Mr. Silvernston began to drive. I looked out the window as the castle slowly past by, then the trees, and the gate. Soon we were in the middle of nowhere.

The drive was longer than I thought it would be. I stared out the window for fifty percent of the time and read my book the other fifty. Out the window was boring, the clouds had cleared up and the sun was out but there were only fields for miles.

When we reached the front gates of the school I took everything in. A long brown brick wall was built around the school about three feet high, The road leading into the school had a large black gate in front of it that connected to the brick wall. It automatically opened for us when Mr. Silvernston drove up to it.

What looked like hundreds of people were all standing outside of the school watching the car drive in. My anxiety spiked, this was the first time I would be out alone in a long time.

The car came to a stop and the people gave us just enough room to get out of the car. Mr. Silvernston came around the car, opened my door, and reached out his hand to help me out. Once I was out he walked to the trunk and took out my luggage.

I grabbed any jacket and hid my book under it. I smiled at the people and grabbed their hands as they reached them out for me.

The headmaster greeted us in all of the chaos.

"Hello!" She yelled over the crowd that was shouting my name and begging for my recognition. I didn't attempt to talk over the crowd as she had, I nodded a greeting back. Mr. Silvernston talked with her while security helped with the bags. The headmaster lead the way to my dorm and the security carried my bags close behind.

"This is all the paperwork I was given," said Mr. Silvernston once we were in the school and away from the loud crowd. "If there is any more I am missing, tell me and I will retrieve it." The headmaster shook her head.

"That won't be necessary. Everything is here, The crown Princess is safe," she reassured.

"Her body guards will be here in two days. give them a rundown, a tour, and make sure you tell them how the princess has been acting so they can act accordingly." The headmistress nodded hesitantly and looked at me. I smiled at her awkwardly, I could feel a drop of sweat on my neck.

"Everything will be dealt with, no need to worry," the headmaster assured with a kind smile. Mr. Silvernston did not smile back at her. He nodded and turned to leave. Then he turned back to me, let out a faint smile and mouthed, "have fun, kid." Before turning away again and leaving. I smiled brightly after that.

The headmaster began to speak interrupting my happy mood.

"My name is Mrs. Renea," she said. "You can call me, Headmaster. I hope it's okay you are sharing a dorm, I tried to get you your own but the queen insisted you share instead." She sighed. I smiled reassuringly.

"It's quite alright," I said looking ahead of me. The headmaster smiled.

"Good." Then she walked outside. I followed. Outside to the left was a row of dormitories and to the right another long row of dormitories.

"To the left are the female dormitories, to the right are the male dormitories. Usually female students aren't allowed to go to the male dormitories after five p.m sharp, likewise for the boys," she said as she started walking down he left path.

"Come, come." She waved a hand for me to follow. I did. She walked all the way to the end of the row. There was a two foot drop at the end of the cement pathway. I could sit and swing my legs over the edge if I wanted to.

The headmaster opened the door to the last dorm in the row and inside it was split exactly in half. She walked in and I followed. The security guards behind us placed my luggage down and left without much inspection of the room.

On the left side of the room a black haired girl sat in her bed in only her underwear and a loose white tank top. She was pale and extremely skinny. She was reading what looked like a textbook. Dark circles formed under her eyes as she looked up at me with her black eyes. I was almost scared to get any closer.

"Sonya— how many times do we have to go over this—?" The headmaster asked looking away from the girl. She smirked and rolled her head.

"Many, clearly," she said in a dirty tone. I smiled at her words.

"Okay— well— this is Adeline, the Princess, you should know her. Adeline, this is Sonya. Sorry to introduce you like this—" she said.

"Oh, I don't mind," I laughed almost interrupting her. The headmaster blushed and continued.

"Sonya, would you be so kind as to show The crown Princess around and teach her the rules? I gave her the papers but I feel it will be a better experience— and more efficient— if another student were to educate her on the matter." Sonya smiled and looked at me.

"Of course," she said. I smiled back at her. The headmaster turned to leave.

"Oh— I almost forgot," she said turning back. "Your uniform is in the office, please pick it up before school on Monday." I nodded and thanked her. She left.

Once she was gone Sonya and I burst out laughing.

"That was so awkward," I laughed. Sonya smiled and tried to suppress another laugh but failed.

"I love doing that," she said. I smiled. This wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would.

Word count: 1441
3-3-23