Chapter 64

Hayden and I talk for what feels like hours. He's so easy to talk to that everytime I feel myself wanting to stop, I just keep going.

Ultimately, I told him everything. He didn't tell me anything too personal, it didn't take him saying much before I opened up.

"You guys ready to eat something?" Sebastian asks when we leave the room. Hayden looks at me and I nod, he turns back to Sebastian and nods for both of us.

"Feeling better?" Sebastian quietly asks me once I enter the kitchen and Hayden is sitting at the table, watching us intensely.

"Yeah," I respond in a somewhat raspy voice.

Sebastian gives me a friendly smile and a nod before opening the fridge and rummaging around.

"What do you guys like to eat?" He asks.

"Anything," I say.

"Whatever she gets," Hayden says after me.

"Does leftover mac and cheese sound good?" He asks taking a large container out of the fridge.

I nod and so does Hayden.

Sebastian puts the food in the microwave for a minute and thirty seconds. Hayden and I sit down across from each other and there's only one more chair for Sebastian to sit, next to Hayden.

The table originally only had two chairs, the third one is squished into the only place that gave the person sitting there at least a plates worth of room.

When The microwave beeps, Sebastian takes the food out and mixes it around before pulling out three plates from the cabinets and plating the food.

He walks it over to us and places the a plate in front of each of us. Then he glared at Hayden once he realizes where he's going to have to sit. Hayden looks up at him with a smirk.

"I forgot silverware," Sebastian says before he sits down, "I'll be right back."

"Take your time," I call back as he disappears from the kitchen. "Why did he just leave the kitchen? Is it not normal to have silverware in the kitchen?" I ask looking over at Hayden.

Hayden shrugs. "Everyone I've ever visited had silverware in the kitchen but Sebastian isn't like everyone, is he?"

I reach over the table and punch his arm, the only thing I managed to reach. "He's my friend, please try to get along."

Hayden only smirks.

Sebastian enters the room and our eye contact breaks. He opens a drawer and pulls out two spoons, he's holding something behind his back.

He places a spoon on my plate and a spoon on his, when he gets to Hayden he pulls out an abnormally large spoon and hands it to him with a mischievous grin.

"Har har," Hayden replies grabbing the spoon.

Sebastian squeezes into his seat and we all eat.

Except for Hayden. He sits and watches.

I've never had Mac and cheese before. Like a protein bar, I've always had chefs to make me a good meal whenever I was hungry. Macaroni and cheese was never a dish they prepared.

Once Sebastian and I finished eating, we cleared our plates. Before I could pick up my spoon, Hayden does. When I look at him to see what he's trying to do, he smirks.

He puts my spoon in his plate of food and gets a scoop of it. We keep eye contact as he brings the spoon to his mouth and eats.

I watch in slow motion as he kicks the dip side spoon clean then puts it back in his plate.

"Adeline, I have some board games if you get bored, the TV is always an option too, or you could go on a walk, I don't care as long as you're happy. I have to go to work today, I've been putting it off for too long, will you be okay?"

His words take me out of my trance and I cough in embarrassment, my face flushing with a dark shade of red.

"Yep, I'll be fine," I say mid cough.

"We'll be fine," Hayden says picking his head out from behind me so Sebastian can see him more clearly.

Sebastian's cheeks turn a light shade of pink before he excuses himself to the room not too far away from the kitchen where he does his work online.

_______

Hayden and I are sitting on the couch, one cushion inbetween us. He seems fidgety, like he's uncomfortable with how we're sitting, or bored.

We're watching a comedy movie but neither of us find it funny, which just makes it ten times more awkward than it is right now.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I say snapping the rope of tension with my pinky. He looks up at me and nods before turning back to the TV.

I feel his eyes on me as I leave even though I watched his head turn back to the TV.

I wash my face and tie my hair into a braid to get it off my neck. I honestly just needed a break from the awkwardness. Before I open the door there's a loud crash. I swing the door open and run down the hallway to see what happened.

The couch, is snapped, in half.

I stare at it in awe, snapped in half.

Not completely detached from the middle but the middle is sunken down and most definitely broken.

The weird thing is, Hayden wasn't even sitting in the spot it's broken in.

"How did you—" before I can finish, Sebastian walks out of his office and sees the damage.

Hayden is standing next to it when Sebastian sees it.

"Are you going to pay for that, Hayden!? You can't just come in my house breaking my shi—"

Before he can finish, I interrupt. "I'll buy you a new couch, I'll buy you ten if that's what you want. Now, where is Hayden going to sleep now that his bed is broken?" I pause for an answer and when I get none, I continue. "I think the floor is a suitable punishment."

The room is dead silent once I'm done talking. Haydens head tilts in my direction lazily, a sharp grin plastered on his face.

"So cruel, princess."

Word count: 1031
10-6-23
11:22 a.m
(Not revised 🥶)
GUYSSS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTINGGGG ILL DO BETTER I PROMISE!! 🙏🙏🙏