Chapter 25

Later in the night I woke up and Sonya was still gone. I thought maybe it's because it's still early but when I checked the clock it was three a.m.

I tried to think about anything else she could be doing but the only thing I could think of was dead. My heart was racing and I was panicking.

What am I supposed to do when my best friend isn't in her bed at three in the morning? I close my eyes and breath, I can't think of I'm panicking.

After a few minutes I get up and open the dorm door. My bodyguard is standing outside my door.

"Has Sonya entered the room while I was in here?" I ask trying to hide my panic.

"No, your majesty. We haven't seen her since we left with you," he told me.

"Oh." Tears were welling in my eyes. I went back in and closed the door before he could see me cry.

Don't cry don't cry don't cry, I tell myself. You need to look for her. I grab the first coat my hand touches and throw it on while I open the door.

The air is chilling when I walk out. My hair is loose in the wind, hitting me in the face but I don't care. I run along the dormitories, male and female, and she's nowhere. I knocked on every door, nothing.

I run to the room we always hang out in, maybe she fell asleep.

Nothing.

The next place I go is the boys dorms, maybe one of them has her over.

I knock on Levy's door, his roommate doesn't have her and beat her does Levy. I knock on Noah's door, him and Rowan haven't seen her since they left the hangout room. I'm starting to panic even more. I knock on Jody's door, him and Mateo don't know where she is either. I knock on Hayden's door, he hasn't seen her either.

I try to stop myself from crying in front of him but the tears come and they flow down my face like a waterfall, one after the other fall out of my eyes and roll down my cheek, landing on the ground.

Hayden stands there, he stares at me while I sob. He doesn't make a move to comfort me or make fun of me, he stands there.

I turn away and begin the walk back to my dorm, still sobbing. Before I can get very far, Hayden puts a hand on my shoulder and sighs.

"You can't walk around bawling, and it's not safe to be alone either. Come inside, clean yourself up." I've been taught manners before, my while life used to revolve around them, and one of the first things I learned was to never walk into a man's home when invited, unless other people I trusted where with me.

I walk in anyway. It feels nice to break the rules, even if they're simple ones.

"The bathroom is over there," Hayden says pointing down a short hallway, I notice at the end of it is a bedroom. The door is wide open. I move my eyes away from the open door to not intrude on anyones privacy and walk into the bathroom.

When I look in the mirror my blue eyes are surrounded by squiggly red lines and my cheeks have water streaks. My face is stained a light pink and my hair is a mess.

I clean myself up and try to take deep breaths to get rid of my pink face but the burning in my throat from trying not to cry makes it hard so I quit and hope it goes away soon.

I leave the bathroom and head straight for the door without acknowledging Hayden, sitting on the couch with a jacket on waiting to leave with me.

I turn the door handle and it doesn't move. Each of the dorms has a code on the inside that you have to use to get out, it's for the kids who sneak out at night and get caught, the headmistress changes their code and sends someone to let them out when school starts or when they request to leave.

"Hayden," I say trying not to start crying again. "I can't deal with this right now. Please just put the code in and let me out."

Hayden is sitting on the couch and he looks like he's contemplating what to do, why is he being like this? Why can't I just leave? What if Sonya's back at the dorm worrying about me, or in trouble?

The tears start to come again when Hayden stands up and walks to the door. His face is unreadable as he puts the code in and let's me out.

"Thank you," I say quickly and quietly thinking he'll stay in the dorm and let me leave alone. He doesn't. He follows close behind me, trying to catch up but I'm speed walking.

"Where are your body guards?" He asks.

"They didn't follow," I say realizing I'm walking with no bodyguards in a serial killer infested land.

"Why are they even your bodyguards if they never body guard you?" he asks laughing.

I stop and turn around. "Are you done? Can I walk to my dorm in silence or will I have to listen to you chattering? Why did you even follow me? Leave me alone! go back to your dorm."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Addy," he says.

"Stop," I pinch the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh. "Calling me that."

"Why?" He asks. "Does it make you feel childish?" He chuckles.

"No," I say. It makes me remember my brother. I don't say. "I just, don't like it."

"That's no excuse, people should be able to call other people whatever they want," he says.

"So your okay with being called psychotic freak?" I ask sarcastically.

"I wouldn't mind at all. Want to know why?" He asks.

No. I nod. D*mn it.

"You and me both," he sighs.

I groan. "Whatever."

We reach my dorm and my bodyguard is asleep beside the front door, standing up. Hayden laughs at him.

"What a body guard you have!" He mocks.

"You know what time it is?" I ask trying to defend him.

Hayden goes quiet.

"Exactly. Go back to your dorm."

He tips his imaginary hat at me and turns around.

"Thank you," I say quietly.

"What was that?" He says turning on his heel, he knows what I said.

"Thank you," I say a little louder.

"I'm sorry, my hearing must be failing me. What was that?" He says with a huge smirk on his face.

"Thank you," I say one last time in a normal voice, louder than both the other times I had said it.

"Oh, it was my pleasure, your majesty!" He announces proudly. I roll my eyes and open my dorm door, walk inside. Before he can say anything else, I close the door practically in his face.

Word count: 1175
6-20-23
Vote if you want!!
Hope you enjoyed! ❤️❤️❤️
(Not proof read)